Share | 

College application/beginning support group

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:24 pm

I would even suggest taking it at least three or four times if you can. It all depends on what you score the first time and how much you would like to improve.

That is a good idea! A teacher at my school offers a prep class that focusses on math, and that really helped me since I'm not as good at the math part. But anyways, it's always a good idea to study and prepare. I also like to buy my tests back after I take them so I can review what I missed.

View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:43 am

My first semester of college is nearly over.....I made it! Very Happy dancechewy
Still have finals though..... Shocked
Obi (Obi-Wan said he'd help me! Smile )
So, college was great overall! Smile I had great teachers in all my classes and most of the kids in my major are nice! Smile All the inappropriate talk gets really old at times(as well as people thinking I should like certain plays that I think are STUPID and BAD!) ] and some people I'm around have made me upset, but overall everyone is cool.
I'm doing kendo and katori at college which is cool and hopefully I can get back to Taekwondo next semester.
Really glad I chose this college! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:33 pm

I'm so glad you are liking it! It sounds like a very good college! Good luck on your finals! Yoda will help you as well! yodasmile

SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:20 pm

Thanks! Very Happy It definitely is(except for the housing people- my RA doesn't know what she's doing at all). Thanks! Very Happy YAY! Thanks Yoda! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:42 pm

That's great that you've finished your first semester Siri! Hope your finals went well! <3

So, as far as where I'm at-
I graduate in May! Yay!
I've been accepted to my first choice college and because of my ACT score I get to go on Thursday and compete in an interview to win more scholarship money, possibly a full ride scholarship... Please keep me in your prayers because I'm kinda nervous about it. Smile

I am getting really excited about going though! I get to pick out my roomate soon, I think it would be really cool to meet someone at the scholarship competition and end up rooming with her, but who knows...

Are any of you going through the application process?

~Rachel/Cerasi Skywalker
Princess of the One True King, Friendly Neighborhood TLF Mod, Queen of Wolves, Allyran Elf, Owl Citizen, Dakota's biggest fan, Narnian, Jedi Knight,  Anakin's younger sister, Graphic Designer, Artist, Photographer, Dreamer. <3

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rachel365photo.blogspot.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:47 pm

Wow!!! Cool, Rachel!!!

I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:43 pm

That's great Rachel! Very Happy Congratulations!!!

I've been accepted to my first choice college as well as my backup. I'm waiting to hear back about scholarships from my first choice. It's been a bit stressful because there is a lot to apply for, but I know that it will all turn out well Smile

Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:37 pm

Thanks girls!  The interview went well and I had such a great time while I was on campus.  They had a dinner for all the seniors who attended the scholarship competition and I got to sit at a table with the director of the graphic design program.  He's really awesome and I'm so excited about learning from him! Very Happy

Congrats DSK! I'll be praying for you! I know it's stressful but it's been amazing to see how God has had everything fall into place with mine, and I know He's working through yours too! <3

~Rachel/Cerasi Skywalker
Princess of the One True King, Friendly Neighborhood TLF Mod, Queen of Wolves, Allyran Elf, Owl Citizen, Dakota's biggest fan, Narnian, Jedi Knight,  Anakin's younger sister, Graphic Designer, Artist, Photographer, Dreamer. <3

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rachel365photo.blogspot.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:35 pm

Awesome! That's wonderful Rachel! Very Happy

Thank you! *hugs*

Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:29 pm

Well, it's official! I am going to attend my first choice college! I'm so excited that I got the scholarships I need and that everything worked out! Smile It is such a great school! I got enrolled in my classes and they're really cool! I'm majoring in Film Production and I have some cool electives and stuff to go with my film classes. I'm so excited! Very Happy

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Mon May 04, 2015 3:17 pm

Awesome, DSK!!!

Okay, so I know I'm not a senior anymore, but I have to say this... I am leaving my current college and going to a community college in my home county. I am also switching paths. Instead of journalism, I am switching to some kind of art and/or filmmaking. Going to the community college will help me build up my portfolio (which is completely empty right now since I haven't done much art since sophomore year of high school and I've done next to nothing in the way of filmmaking) and then probably transfer to an art school.

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Mon May 04, 2015 6:52 pm

That's great Alli! Very Happy I think it's so awesome that you are following what you feel passionate about! It's super exciting and I wish you the best of luck! Smile

Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Sun May 24, 2015 10:10 pm

Well, I finally graduated! Smile I'm totally ready for college!

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Mon May 25, 2015 7:58 pm

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
Well, I finally graduated! Smile I'm totally ready for college!

Hurray! Congratulations!!!

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Tue May 26, 2015 8:41 pm

Thank you! Smile

SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:06 pm

Finished my first year of college in May. It was difficult but I feel good about how it all went and I'm happy that I got on the President's Honor Roll Smile I definitely know that my major and minor is exactly what I want to do with my life.
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:16 pm

YOOOOO
look who starts senior year on august 5th!! If y'all have any study tips, or how you managed stress, or any tips in general for getting the most out of my last year of high school, i would greatly appreciate it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:46 pm

Congratulations, Siri! I'm glad it went so well, and especially that you're happy with what you're studying! Very Happy

Have a great senior year, Shaak Ti! My advice is to apply for everything early. Don't procrastinate. And don't worry if you don't hear back about scholarships and stuff right away. I applied to a lot of mine in the fall/winter, but didn't hear back until literally weeks before graduation. Colleges are just slow, I guess (or at least mine was). Also it never helps to get to know some of your professors on college visits (if you know what you will be studying). A lot of them will meet with future students, so that's always a good thing to ask about.

My other piece of advice is to be sure and spend lots of time with your friends. It will be hard sometimes because you'll all be busy, but it will be worth it. You'll all be going separate ways and it's important to spend time together while you still can.

shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:42 pm

Thanks Very Happy
Oh, man, it's going to be so sad to move away from all my friends :( that's the one thing about going to college i'm not excited for... but it's going to be awesome to have a "new start"!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:34 pm

You're welcome!

Yeah, that's how I feel. Luckily some of my friends are going to a school only about 30 minutes from mine, so I'm hoping I'll still get to see them.

I went dorm room shopping yesterday! It was so much fun to pick out new stuff! I'm getting really excited to move, now!

jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:28 pm

wow I can't believe so many of you are ending high school and starting college all my lakehouse sisters are growing up and making me feel old. I am starting my senior year of college in like 2 weeks, I am so proud of all of you and so excited to hear about your adventures and accomplishments. my best advice is enjoy every minute of it it goes a lot faster than you think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:29 pm

jedigirl1990 wrote:
... all my lakehouse sisters are growing up and making me feel old.
Well, at least now you're not the only known 20-something-year-old on here! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:14 am

Exactly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:03 am

It's great to hear from you again Jedigirl! Very Happy

I can't believe we're all growing up either! Time went by so fast!

Good luck with your last year of college! I hope you enjoy it and that everything goes well for you!

jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:49 am

Time sure does go quickly. Thanks DSK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College application/beginning support group   

Back to top Go down

College application/beginning support group
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next