View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Season 6: Anakin/Padme/Clovis/Embo arc!   Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:12 pm

Discussion topic for the Cloivs arc! I'm most excited for this one! Very Happy

~Rachel/Cerasi Skywalker
Princess of the One True King, Friendly Neighborhood TLF Mod, Queen of Wolves, Allyran Elf, Owl Citizen, Dakota's biggest fan, Narnian, Jedi Knight,  Anakin's younger sister, Graphic Designer, Artist, Photographer, Dreamer. <3

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rachel365photo.blogspot.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Season 6: Anakin/Padme/Clovis/Embo arc!   Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:21 pm

EMBOOOOOO!!!!!!! I've missed my favorite bounty hunter!

View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 6: Anakin/Padme/Clovis/Embo arc!   Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:22 pm

I watched this arc today, and I thought it was good. It definitely shed some light on the situation of Anakin and Padme's relationship- clearly Padme thinks it was a mistake to marry Anakin, but for some reason, in the end, she decides to stay with him anyway. This is clearly still a few months before Revenge of the Sith, as Padme hasn't found out she's pregnant yet, but I'm willing to bet that the arc took place five/six months before revenge of the sith. Their relationship was falling apart long before ROTS, apparently.

I don't really dislike Clovis, I mean, he's a slimy traitor, but he was really just a pawn and not worth hating.

I had some issues with Anakin in this arc. He's obviously way too controlling and violent, to the point where Padme doesn't even feel safe with him anymore. The claim is that Anakin and Padme are madly in love, but I don't see it. There's a reason they ended the way they did.

Also, Embo is awesome. That is all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Season 6: Anakin/Padme/Clovis/Embo arc!   Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:16 pm

Finally got around to seeing this arc as well.

I've got to say I really agree with SWA about Anakin. He . . . really showed his sith tendencies here. Like, yikes. This should have been Padme's first sign that their marriage wouldn't end well. Yeah I'd have to say I've never quite gotten "madly in love" vibes from them (except for arguably in the episode "Hostage Crisis"), and this arc certainly doesn't help.

The actual arc was ok, in my opinion. The first episode moved kind of slow. I mean, all that stuff about banking? Wow. Super riveting. Because when I think Star Wars of course I want to hear about banking.

But things luckily picked up by the end, and the tied it in nicely with Palpatine taking more control of things. It's really interesting to see how close Clone Wars was to RotS in this season.

Also, the Embo scenes totally made up for all the banking stuff. That chase was honestly one of my favorite action scenes to come out of the show. Go Embo! <3

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Season 6: Anakin/Padme/Clovis/Embo arc!   Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:15 am

The thing with me about this arc (or from what I remember from it, it has been awhile since I saw it) is that even though Anakin and Padmé fought and weren't really "madly in love," I feel like them "separating" made them more believable and added some much-needed depth to their relationship... or if not depth, then drama...

I know I keep bringing this up (y'all are probably sick of me bring this idea up), but I seriously think that if Disney decides to novelize more TCW arcs (yeah, yeah, yeah. Go ahead. Roll your eyes), the writer needs to embellish the moments with Anakin and Padmé, making us truly believe that they are actually "madly in love" (even if Padmé, at that point, knows marrying him was a bad idea), even if that means changing the dialogue a bit to be more believably romantic.

I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Season 6: Anakin/Padme/Clovis/Embo arc!   Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Yeah, that is true. I mean, it does make sense with how Anakin acts that their relationship would be at least somewhat strained. I certainly think their relationship here is portrayed much more realistically than it was in the movies.

I really wish they would do more Clone Wars novels. At this point I'll take any leftover Clone Wars stories in any form I can get them!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 6: Anakin/Padme/Clovis/Embo arc!   

Back to top Go down

Season 6: Anakin/Padme/Clovis/Embo arc!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1