HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Basic TCW Talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Basic TCW Talk   Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:36 am

Lately I've really missed TCW. I've been reading some really good fanfiction and its made me well...home sick, if that makes sense. Its like a feeling inside my heart that feels like its missing something. Yeah, I'm sure it sounds really stupid and I do not mind any of you saying so XD

I don't know, I've felt very...excited when I read the fanfictions and now have the great urge to go on Netflix and have a huge TCW marathon, which I hope to do soon Wink

I've been trying to get my brother into it too, though hes not a fan of animation stuff like that and thinks that TCW is just a kiddy show (oh how wrong he is, right?) So yeah, I'm just rambling now. Hehe.

What are your feelings for TCW after the 2-3 years that's pasted?

(I didn't see one of these on the topic, but if there is let me know and I'll delete this one Smile)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:56 pm

This topic is a great idea! I'm always always always up for talking about tcw.

Honestly, 2 years after the show was cancelled, I still love it. I watch it all the time, I've seen some episodes enough to memorize the whole thing and I'm still not bored of it. I miss it, and I'm always gonna wish it had gotten finished, but I love that the crew is still working to bring us the stories we never go to see!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:39 pm

After 2 years since its cancellation... I... don't know. *dodges objects being thrown* Let me explain, let me explain!

I'm sure that TCW is still a great show and I want to watch it again. However, aside from watching the Lost Missions (which was really good), a tiny bit of the unfinished episodes (which makes me sad), and a few kinda throwback-clips now and then, I haven't watched TCW since it was cancelled. So, I don't think I can make that kind of judgement call just yet. I know that it's a good show and that re-watching it is not going to suddenly make me hate it. I just don't know how much I still like/love it after about 2 years of not watching it. I'd personally like to go back now that I'm older (and a bit more critical these days) and see what's still fantastic, what's still good and maybe what's maybe not so good about the show. That way, I can have all of my thoughts about the show in order and come to a clear judgement on how I feel 2 years later.

As far as missing it goes, I still miss it (especially when I see the unfinished stuff), but I've moved past that since Rebels is so good right now (especially since they've brought a certain character back and are going to bring more certain characters back next season). I feel like I've gone through the 5 Stages of Grief with TCW: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance. I feel like I'm at the Acceptance Stage now with only a few sad moments now and then when I see unfinished clips and episodes. I know it's probably stupid and disrespectful to think that you've gone through the 5 Stages of Grief with a TV Show (since millions upon millions of people probably go through that everyday when loved ones die), but in a more shallow way, I think I have.

I also sometimes wonder if TCW cancellation is one of the reasons that TLF has declined. We all (well, most of us really) kinda came together because of TCW, and when that bond was gone (plus with us growing up and getting more and more busy), that's when we really started losing people. I often see some TLF members on other social media, but they aren't on here much anymore. Sometimes I just wanna ask, "Why aren't you on TLF anymore?". But, it's not my place to ask that point blank and I'm also a bit afraid to ask that question just in case if their answer is one that I don't wanna hear (something worse than just "I've been busy").

Anyways, those are my current thoughts, and I hope to re-watch it soon and see what I think now.

I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:20 am

Those are some good and fair thoughts, Allishmalli. I agree that Rebels has made me miss it a lot less by bringing those characters back, but seeing the Echo arc at Celebration has got me really nostalgic for the good old days. Rebels just doesn't have the same community surrounding it that TCW had.

I think the lakehouse decline had partly to do with growing up and partly to do with the cancellation of tcw. Some people just drift away from sites. It's not really their fault. I think it's nice that there are places like Twitter and Tumblr and Facebook for us all to keep in touch, even though some have moved on!

I digress. I do know what you mean about the five stages of grief though, the clone wars ending hit me hard, probably cause it ended on such a sad note there for a while. I don't want to say Ahsoka returning magically fixed all that, but. well. it kind of did. Razz

I think you're still gonna like it when you rewatch it, though. Looking back on it several years later, I still have some issues with the way certain story arcs were handled and I think some of the dialogue could have been done better, but overall it's a fantastic show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:11 am

Wow guys, that's really hitting it. Smile

I do agree with both of you about going though the 5 stages of grief, I was really sad for a while when it ended, especially how it ended with the clones. To tell you the truth I never liked the clones when I just watched the movies as a kid and when I first watched TCW I still didn't like them until I watched the episode where Rex got hurt and was taken to Cuts' (that the right name?) farm and how it showed they were more then mindless soldiers, that they were men with thoughts and feelings. So the season 6 episodes really hit be hard and it was like a double punch with having Ahsoka leave just a little while before.

And when Rebels first came out and when I watched the first episode I wasn't sure I would watch it again, as weird as this may sound, it felt like I was betraying TCW with watching Rebels but I decided to watch it anyway. I have to agree with you SWA that Ahsoka coming onto Rebels did make it better. Wink With that happening it made me feel like an old friend had come back from being over seas for years and I get to hear about all the exciting adventures they went though XD

Also, though its sad to think about, the mix of the cancellation of TCW and us getting older I'm sure had a real impact on TLF. I still hope that some day it all kicks back into gear and we all come back, wiping the cob webs off this place and being a sisterhood again. I do miss it sometimes, okay a lot of times, and find myself chuckling as I think about our last April Fools or something that was said on one of the topics... All we can do is pray and hope that things go back to normal, even in this little world of ours God knows what we want, and I know He'll fix this even if we ask. (It might sounds weird since this is just a wed forum but who knows.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:43 pm

I'm glad you started this thread! I really miss talking about The Clone Wars!

I'll be honest, I haven't been back to Clone Wars since it ended. I haven't even seen season 6 yet or any of the unfinished episodes. I've just been too sad and busy to watch them. However, it will always hold a special place in my heart and to this day remains my second favorite show (second only to the 2003 TMNT show, which I grew up with). And I'll be honest again, The Clone Wars is my favorite part about Star Wars. The memories I built and the friendships I made around it have truly changed my life. The Clone Wars is what inspired me to pursue film! I'm definitely never going to forget it, and I plan on rewatching it many times in the years that come. I'm actually going to have a big rewatch this summer and finally get around to season 6.

Rebels has helped fill the hole in my heart that the Clone Wars left, as well as other shows such as Gravity Falls and Legend of Korra, but I'll never stop being sad that the Clone Wars was cancelled nor will they ever completely take its place for me.

I think that the cancellation of The Clone Wars is part of the reason for this place being less active than it used to be, but honestly I think the main reason is that we have all gotten older and have less free time than we did when we first started the forum. I'm going to try my best to get it active again over the summer, but I sometimes I feel really helpless about it. I know that many of the girls who joined originally, although they are still good friends, have no interest in coming back -- and that makes me sad. I really want to attract some new users to help fill the void.

Maybe this summer we could all have a Clone Wars rewatch together where we go through the entire show and discuss it.

View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Fri May 01, 2015 12:42 am

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
Maybe this summer we could all have a Clone Wars rewatch together where we go through the entire show and discuss it.
That's a great idea, DSK!

And I'll be honest again, The Clone Wars is my favorite part about Star Wars. The memories I built and the friendships I made around it have truly changed my life. The Clone Wars is what inspired me to pursue film! I'm definitely never going to forget it, and I plan on rewatching it many times in the years that come. I'm actually going to have a big rewatch this summer and finally get around to season 6.
Here, here! (or is it "hear, hear!"?) I concur! (I've missed using that phrase)

Rebels has helped fill the hole in my heart that the Clone Wars left, as well as other shows such as Gravity Falls and Legend of Korra, but I'll never stop being sad that the Clone Wars was cancelled nor will they ever completely take its place for me.
Same thing here, though for LOK, that's gone too and thus has made another void. Plus, one of my favorite crime-dramas, The Mentalist, ended this year too; and on top of that, the main actress from another crime drama I love, Castle, is kinda sorta hinting that either this is the last season or her character is going to leave the show. If it's cancelled, that'll be the second of my crime drama "trinity" to be cancelled, the same "trinity" that got me watching "adult" TV in the first place! Plus, if I'm remembering this correctly, Gravity Falls (I think) has a set number of seasons/episodes (which I think is either 2 or 3 seasons), so GF won't be on forever. I can't handle all these cancellations (and potential cancellations)!!!

I think that the cancellation of The Clone Wars is part of the reason for this place being less active than it used to be, but honestly I think the main reason is that we have all gotten older and have less free time than we did when we first started the forum.

No doubt about it! I firmly believe that it's the combination of the two. I just think that possibly maybe if TCW hadn't been cancelled, then maybe possibly we'd still have a few more members still on here discussing TCW together.

I know that many of the girls who joined originally, although they are still good friends, have no interest in coming back -- and that makes me sad. I really want to attract some new users to help fill the void.
You see, this is one of the reasons I don't ask some of the members on other social media about them not being on TLF. At some point, it is their own choice (no one is that busy, esp. when I see them on other social media a lot) and for whatever reason, they're choosing not to be on here, so asking them why might bring up a heavy sort of answer, or at least just the statement that they don't want to be on here (which is something I don't want to hear). But anyway, I concur that it's really sad. On one hand, I want more people on here (and if new users is the only way to get there, then so be it), but on the other, I just want our old members back. I want our founder, Leia, to come back. I want our Moderators to come back. I want us all to discuss and fangirl over things. I want to have giant chats again where I can hardly keep up with the conversation because I type so slow and so many other people are weighing in on the discussion. I want to be excited when I click on here and see that multiple people have commented on multiple subjects/topics. I want to be able to click on this site at any point in time and see that someone has said something in a topic rather than clicking on here several times throughout the week to see that no one has commented. I want TLF to be that great, unique, and awesome forum that we once were and that even Ashley Eckstein mentioned in an interview. I want all this talk of SW to ignite my love for it again (not that Rebels hasn't done that, it's just not as much as watching and talking about TCW did). I want to reconnect with my internet family like a large family reunion. But in the end, at this point, I probably won't get to. Sure, we can bring newcomers on, but unless they bring that same (or similar) "fire" that we once had, I don't think they're going to stay on here for very long. Sorry; nostalgic, gloomy, really long rant over.

Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Fri May 01, 2015 12:50 pm

I really love that idea DSK and we should really try to do it.

I know that many of the girls who joined originally, although they are still good friends, have no interest in coming back -- and that makes me sad. I really want to attract some new users to help fill the void.
allishmalli wrote:
You see, this is one of the reasons I don't ask some of the members on other social media about them not being on TLF. At some point, it is their own choice (no one is that busy, esp. when I see them on other social media a lot) and for whatever reason, they're choosing not to be on here, so asking them why might bring up a heavy sort of answer, or at least just the statement that they don't want to be on here (which is something I don't want to hear). But anyway, I concur that it's really sad. On one hand, I want more people on here (and if new users is the only way to get there, then so be it), but on the other, I just want our old members back. I want our founder, Leia, to come back. I want our Moderators to come back. I want us all to discuss and fangirl over things. I want to have giant chats again where I can hardly keep up with the conversation because I type so slow and so many other people are weighing in on the discussion. I want to be excited when I click on here and see that multiple people have commented on multiple subjects/topics. I want to be able to click on this site at any point in time and see that someone has said something in a topic rather than clicking on here several times throughout the week to see that no one has commented. I want TLF to be that great, unique, and awesome forum that we once were and that even Ashley Eckstein mentioned in an interview. I want all this talk of SW to ignite my love for it again (not that Rebels hasn't done that, it's just not as much as watching and talking about TCW did). I want to reconnect with my internet family like a large family reunion. But in the end, at this point, I probably won't get to. Sure, we can bring newcomers on, but unless they bring that same (or similar) "fire" that we once had, I don't think they're going to stay on here for very long. Sorry; nostalgic, gloomy, really long rant over.

Allishmalli, you never know what's going to happen. This summer we just might get a rush of new and old members. We just need to be here when they do. So don't give up hope, we should never give up on our family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Fri May 01, 2015 1:51 pm

I think, that as much as it's sad to look at the past and see who's all left over the years, there are things we can do to make us happy on this forum, too. You guys all watch Rebels, right? So why don't we, when the new season comes out, arrange a day or a time to get on the chatbox each week and discuss the recent episode?

Also, I really like the idea of watching tcw again. I'm always up for that. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeneralSnips

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Fri May 01, 2015 2:05 pm

Starwarsartist wrote:
I think, that as much as it's sad to look at the past and see who's all left over the years, there are things we can do to make us happy on this forum, too. You guys all watch Rebels, right? So why don't we, when the new season comes out, arrange a day or a time to get on the chatbox each week and discuss the recent episode?

Also, I really like the idea of watching tcw again. I'm always up for that. Razz

Wow, aren't we full of good ideas today XD I love that thought SWA and hope we can do it Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Sat May 02, 2015 12:37 pm

GeneralSnips wrote:

I really love that idea DSK and we should really try to do it.

allishmalli wrote:

Allishmalli, you never know what's going to happen. This summer we just might get a rush of new and old members. We just need to be here when they do. So don't give up hope, we should never give up on our family.
*Sigh* You're right. Never give up on family! Yeah! Very Happy
Just a note, I was up till about 2 in the morning when I wrote that, so I was less optimistic about things since I was tired and a bit sad about things.

Also, I love the idea of a chat thing for Rebels this summer when season 2 airs! I actually have (much to my slight embarrassment) the Disney XD app, so I can probably watch it live (unless if it's in the early morning) on my iPad.

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Sun May 03, 2015 9:22 pm

I think you spoke what was on all of our minds, Alli. I miss the other girls too and I want them to come back. I guess part of it too is I just don't understand why they left. I know there were some fights and stuff, but nothing that bad considering some of the things that occur on most forums. It haunts me, but at the same time I try to keep optimistic.

Yes, I love the idea of watching Rebels together and having chats about it!

If you guys want I can make a Rebels topic like we have for The Clone Wars, so we can make new threads for different story arcs or discussions. What do you say?

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Sun May 03, 2015 9:58 pm

I think you spoke what was on all of our minds, Alli. I miss the other girls too and I want them to come back. I guess part of it too is I just don't understand why they left. I know there were some fights and stuff, but nothing that bad considering some of the things that occur on most forums. It haunts me, but at the same time I try to keep optimistic.
Fights? I don't remember any fights on here; though a fight does make sense of why I see a number of members on Social Media, yet not on here.
Aw, man. That stinks. Fights on other forums are actually (in a nutshell) sort of what brought our founder to create TLF in the first place and now (or then) people are fighting and leaving the safe haven that we created... Geez, now I'm sad again.

If you guys want I can make a Rebels topic like we have for The Clone Wars, so we can make new threads for different story arcs or discussions. What do you say?

Heck yes! I've actually been meaning to request that, but I wasn't sure who to ask or if it was appropriate to ask (not sure why it would be inappropriate, but still).

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Sun May 03, 2015 10:03 pm

Yeah, there were two or three I think, a few years ago, but I only witnessed like two of them so I don't know exactly what went down, but I do think it is the big reason behind why a lot of people left. It wasn't nearly as bad as stuff I've seen on other forums, though I guess when you're younger things tend to get blown out of proportion and seem worse than they actually are.

Great! I'll figure out how to get one made! Smile

GeneralSnips

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Mon May 04, 2015 10:40 am

allishmalli wrote:
Fights? I don't remember any fights on here; though a fight does make sense of why I see a number of members on Social Media, yet not on here.
Aw, man. That stinks. Fights on other forums are actually (in a nutshell) sort of what brought our founder to create TLF in the first place and now (or then) people are fighting and leaving the safe haven that we created... Geez, now I'm sad again.

There was a few fights that I'm sad to say I was apart of to defend one of the other girls. And I agree that it probably had a baring on some of them leaving which I'm really sorry for...

allishmalli wrote:
Heck yes! I've actually been meaning to request that, but I wasn't sure who to ask or if it was appropriate to ask (not sure why it would be inappropriate, but still).

Great idea DSK!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Mon May 04, 2015 1:15 pm

Yeah, there were a few fights, and I know it did create tension and cause some people to leave. This wasn't recently, though, this was almost two years ago, so. Nothing that can really be done.

Anyway, yay, a Rebels topic! Since this season is more eagerly anticipated and has more episodes, this seems appropriate. Very Happy

We are extremely off topic here though lol. I watched the Citadel arc the other day and for once watching that shuttle blow up didn't emotionally destroy me bc Echo lived through it! Yay!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Mon May 11, 2015 8:33 pm

Starwarsartist wrote:
I watched the Citadel arc the other day and for once watching that shuttle blow up didn't emotionally destroy me bc Echo lived through it! Yay!

Yay!!!

I think that if I watched the Citadel Arc by itself (or any episode/arc by itself), then I would be okay. But I know that if I watched everything from the beginning first, then I would have a hard time getting through the emotional stuff.

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Wed May 20, 2015 3:31 pm

So, when do you guys want to start our Clone Wars rewatch?

Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Wed May 20, 2015 7:26 pm

good question- also, how many episodes do we want to watch at a time? I don't recommend more than two or three bc that can be a lot.

do we want to start in june?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeneralSnips

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Wed May 20, 2015 9:00 pm

June sounds good for me.

Just have to make sure no one else has camp (if there is any in that month).

What days (even if we don't do it in June) should we do it on? Personally I can't do it Friday nights or Saturday mornings and I know Sundays are bad for a lot of you guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Fri May 22, 2015 9:46 pm

We could probably do two a day, or one story arc per day.

I like the idea of starting in June.

I was thinking we could have a certain number of episodes to watch every day, and then just come on and discuss them as we watch them (I'll make a thread for the Clone Wars rewatch). If that's too much for you guys, we can do it differently, though. I know that a lot of us will probably go on trips and stuff and may miss a lot if we did it that way.

It's going to be hard finding a specific day for me because I'll be working and I don't know my work schedule yet. I know that some other girls will be working as well.

shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Sat May 23, 2015 10:36 pm

I love the idea of a re-watch! i havent watched much of TCW since it ended, and it will be fun to go through it again!

Gahhh this is making me so nostalgic for the old days x'D i have to say, it was such an awesome time and I do wish it could be like that again... maybe we will have an influx of activity over summer, that would be fun Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Sun May 24, 2015 10:08 pm

Same here!

IKR! I hope so!

Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 pm

So, when do you guys want to start the rewatch?

shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Sun May 31, 2015 7:49 pm

Maybe sometime this month? There's a total of 121 episodes, so if we watched 3 episodes a day we would be finished in 8 weeks.
idk i'm just throwing out numbers xD but yeah, we should start some time in early june
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   

Back to top Go down

Basic TCW Talk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next