View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:46 pm

Well, crud... what does this mean then?

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2016/09/report-justin-ridge-replaces-dave.html

I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:28 pm

Wow, I'm not really sure. I feel like it means Dave Filoni has been assigned to other things at Lucasfilm, since I doubt he is ready to retire yet and I find it extremely unlikely that they would demote him or anything considering all the great work he has done for them. I think most likely he is working on a new animated Star Wars show, or maybe even one of the spin-off films.

The one thing I'm not sure about is what this means for Rebels. I feel like this means season 3 will be the last season, but then again season 3 is probably almost complete right now since they work on these way in advance so why would they need to bring on a new supervising director if the show is about to end? But even if Rebels does get one more season I feel pretty certain season 4 will be the last.

View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
The one thing I'm not sure about is what this means for Rebels. I feel like this means season 3 will be the last season, but then again season 3 is probably almost complete right now since they work on these way in advance so why would they need to bring on a new supervising director if the show is about to end? But even if Rebels does get one more season I feel pretty certain season 4 will be the last.

Well, either way, this stinks. First TCW gets cancelled, and now Rebels will probably end soon. I should just count on every Star Wars show to not last very long. *grumbles*

Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:17 pm

So, what did everyone think of the Season 3 premiere?

(Sorry it took me so long to bring it up, I had to wait because I wanted to watch it with my dad first and we've been busy this week)

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:43 pm

I did like the premiere, but I actually liked last night's episode even better!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:00 pm

So, who's caught up on the second and third episode?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:14 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:51 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:22 pm

Looks like we have the names of the next five episodes: (http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2016/10/three-new-star-wars-rebels-episode.html)

"Hera's Heroes" (Saturday's episode)

"The Last Battle" (Hmm... reminds me of Narnia)

"Imperial Supercommandos" (Ooh, sounds cool)

"Iron Squadron" (If Rebels did arcs, then this sounds like it would be in the same arc as the previous title)

"The Wynkahthu Job" (WTH?)

I'm going to concur with the article and say that "Imperial Supercommandos" will probably be the Mandalorian episode. I'm gonna guess that Bo-Katan will be in that episode.

Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:23 am

The Wynkahthu Job is a title almost as charming as A Sunny Day In The Void from the Clone Wars. Lol what even???

allishmalli wrote:
It actually almost seems like they're purposefully rushing the show along rather than taking their time.

Hmm. It's hard to say. I definitely think the show has some pacing issues- we'll have five filler episodes in a row, then all the important stuff jam packed into two episodes- but I'm not sure if the entire show is rushed. They probably want to tell as many stories as they can and not get caught off guard again with a cancellation, like they did with the Clone Wars. That's why the timeline is a bit accelerated.

It's honestly really difficult not to compare Rebels to the Clone Wars, and I find myself doing it very often. "They did X in TCW and they aren't doing it in Rebels and I don't know why" seems to be a running thing with me. I try to enjoy Rebels without the comparison, but it's hard sometimes because Rebels is the replacement show and basically the reason we don't have the Clone Wars.

Idk. The Clone Wars will always be my favourite and when Rebels messes up sometimes I go to the place of "TCW never would have done this to me." Razz

Okay, that's enough negativity from me. What are five things you love about Rebels?

1: The Ghost Crew's family dynamics. I love the Found Family trope and the ghost crew is like, the definition of that trope. Especially the way Kanan and Hera took on an orphaned teenage boy and decided to basically raise him is amazing and I love it.

2: The way they're tackling the Force in ways we've never seen on tv before, from the Malachor/holocron stuff to the Lothal Jedi Temple visions, to that episode with the Lasats and the hyperspace run, to Bendu in this season. It's captivating to watch.

3: When this show is good, it's really good. Episodes like Rise of the Old Masters, Path of the Jedi, The Siege of Lothal, Legends of the Lasat, The Honorable Ones, Shroud of Darkness and Twilight of the Apprentice all display what this show is capable of at it's full potential. Twilight of the Apprentice in particular raised the bar for me.

4: They've brought in so many fantastic characters, from Rex to Hondo to Ahsoka. You name them, they've probably been in Rebels, and I think that's great. It just been nice to see that so many great characters from the OT era had a hand in the making of the Rebellion.

4 1/2: I'm dedicating half a point to the Ahsoka/Vader storyline, just because it was so compelling and well done, if slightly underused. It felt like Filoni used Rebels as an opportunity to finish telling Anakin and Ahsoka's story and I'm really grateful for that.

5: The girl characters. We've got a tough and loving pilot mom and a teenage girl that loves to paint as much as she loves blowing stuff up. How cool is that?? I appreciate Hera and Sabine so much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:28 pm

So, what are your general thoughts on this half of the season?

I'm liking it so far (especially the past two episodes), but there have been too many filler-feeling episodes for my taste. I get that some of them aren't actually filler (or won't be filler once they reference back to them in future episodes), but they feel like filler to me and it's continuing to bring my opinion of the show down, even after I watch tons of videos and read plenty of articles praising the show.

But enough negativity, let's get to some things I'm excited about...

Saw Gerrera is coming to Rebels!!! I'm really excited for that!!!

Also, I'm excited to see Thrawn's story to play out. Actually, I'm excited to see everyone's stories play out. They're definitely setting up a lot of things to play out in the future... if most of them play out this season, then I'm sure that this second half is going to be a wild ride!

Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:14 am

Mid-Season Trailer is here!

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited!!! We've got Saw, Mon Mothma, Thrawn, the Darksaber, and OBI-WAN!!! This is gonna be epic!!!

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:25 pm

So I finally got caught up during Christmas break! I've gotten into the habit of watching this show one half-season at a time... not sure why because every time I catch up I'm like "This show is so good! I can't wait for it to come back and have an episode every week!" I get distracted I guess... Razz

But wow, the latest episode was awesome, and the trailer looks awesome too! I can't wait to see Darth Maul and Obi-Wan (probably) having to face off again! I wonder if Luke will be incorporated somehow... I kind of doubt it since he isn't involved with the Rebels like Leia is, but it's interesting to think about. For a while I had a theory that Darth Maul was really going to Tatooine to find Luke and make him his apprentice, but nope, I guess he's just still hung up on fighting Obi-Wan XD Not that I blame him but I did laugh when he gave Ezra this huge speech about forgetting the past while Maul has a creepy shrine to the woman he killed and is still obsessing over Obi-Wan like 40 years after TPM.

Anyways, I'm super excited for the rest of the season! Though I do agree with you guys about the structure of the show being a bit frustrating. I really want some of these episodes to end up being arcs. And I feel bad comparing it to the Clone Wars, especially when the original characters Rebels has introduced are all really good, but at the same time nearly all of my favorite episodes of this show are ones that continue stories from the Clone Wars. But I still enjoy Rebels for what it is. And like I said, the Ghost crew is fantastic.

Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:52 am

Who's excited for new episodes tonight? cheers

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:58 pm

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
Who's excited for new episodes tonight? cheers

I just saw them tonight (I know it's been a week, but I've been out of town).

I liked the episode/s overall. Nothing to complain about.

(Edited, longer post hopefully coming soon)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   

Back to top Go down

General Star Wars Rebels Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5