View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:13 pm

Well, we have another preview for the season 2 "premiere"

So, I may be making predictions way too soon, but I'm thinking that this season is going to parallel TESB in a lot of ways (okay, maybe not "a lot", but a number)... or at least it's paralleling TESB right now (or at least what I remember about it).
Think about it, you start off with the rebels fighting the Empire when the main group of rebels break off from the rest of the team and escape Darth Vader. Also, one character breaks off from the rest of the main team looking for answers about a certain force-user person, while the rest of the group goes to hide and meets up with an old friend of one team member while another team member doesn't particularly trust him. And... that's all I got for now (not really much of a prediction unless you infer that the ending of season 2 is going to be similar to ESB, but that's what I got).

I will say that I'm thinking that since Ahsoka is going off to find answers about Darth Vader while the rest of the team goes to find Rex, I'm thinking that we're either going to somewhat alternate between episodes about the main team of Rebels and Ahsoka... or we're going to get an arc about the main team of Rebels and then an arc about Ahsoka (the Ahsoka arc will most likely be shorter than the other since they'll want to keep the main focus on the main team of Rebels).

I do wonder though if they'll find a way to explain who Ahsoka is to the kids people who don't know who Ahsoka is since not everyone has seen TCW and knows who she is (since this could be someone's introduction to SW as opposed to the movies or TCW). As I have said before, "Personally, I'd like to see flashbacks; I've wanted to see flashbacks for a very long time... mostly because in TCW, I wanted to see what [TPM & AotC] Anakin looked like in TCW character design style. Now, I want to see what TCW Anakin, Ahsoka, Obi-Wan, and others look like in the Rebels character design style. Plus, it might be a good story-telling method to explain to the kiddies (who didn't see TCW) who Ahsoka is and why she left the Order by showing, not telling [something that can and should be done in visual storytelling]. It probably won't happen, but it's something to think about." Also, like I've said in this topic, "I think that it would be cool if they had an episode of what everyone (except Ezra) was doing on the day that Order 66 was issued, kinda like a SW, flashback, really sad version of 'Tales from Ba Sing Se'. That way, we could get flashbacks from most everyone."

Anyways, those are my thoughts (also, I can't wait until it comes back on now!). What are your thoughts on all of this?

I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:45 pm

That definitely makes sense, Alli! I like the idea of it paralleling ESB. Arghhh I'm so ready/not ready for the feels once Ahsoka finds out the truth about Vader, though!

Also, a flashback would be amazing! And you're right, it would be a good way to show younger kids who Ahsoka is.

I'm also just so excited to see Rex. And Hondo! I love that they didn't ignore the Clone Wars.

View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:58 pm

The female Inquisitor has been revealed!

Ok, I find it funny that "The Seventh Sister" is voiced by Sarah Michelle Gellar (hereby referenced as "SMG"), who is married to Freddie Prinze Jr., the voice of Kanan.

So, in a way, Kanan and this new inquisitor are married. *ducks from objects being thrown because I suggested a ship other than Kanan/Hera*

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:04 pm

Interesting! So what do you think about the theory that the new inquisitor is Bariss? I think it's possible.

I find that so cool that they're both on the show! Haha, yeah Kanera is the ship that can't be stopped XD

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:28 pm

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
Interesting! So what do you think about the theory that the new inquisitor is Bariss? I think it's possible.

Well, half of me thinks (and wants to think) that it could still be true... and that by changing a bit of the character design (which you could argue that maybe Barriss herself changed the way she looked since she no longer affiliated herself with the Jedi) and changing both the voice actress (from Meredith Salenger to SMG) and the voice direction (from a more proper accent to a more casual and Ventress-eque accent that SMG delivers), DF and his team can all trick us into thinking that "The Seventh Sister" is not Barriss. Plus, did anyone notice how SMG specifically mentions Ahsoka in that first part? That feels like either a clue or a misdirection.

However, the other half thinks that maybe they aren't... partly because of those differences between this character and Barriss.

So, I think I'm going to go ahead and let this one play out. Maybe we'll either get more clues or a straight answer when Rebels comes back on (which, btw, is in 9 days!).

Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:17 pm

One more week until Rebels comes back! Yay!!!

Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:23 pm

*Gasp* another trailer for Season 2 was released today!!!

*Squees*

Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:01 pm

So... has anyone seen the Season 2 premiere yet? I just watched it a little while ago. I say that the episode was good... but not as spectacular as I thought it was going to be. It was great to see Rex again and get some explanations for a few things (I'll go into more detail if an actual discussion gets started up), plus it's always good to see Ahsoka (even if it's only for a couple of scenes).

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:12 am

allishmalli wrote:

Well, half of me thinks (and wants to think) that it could still be true... and that by changing a bit of the character design (which you could argue that maybe Barriss herself changed the way she looked since she no longer affiliated herself with the Jedi) and changing both the voice actress (from Meredith Salenger to SMG) and the voice direction (from a more proper accent to a more casual and Ventress-eque accent that SMG delivers), DF and his team can all trick us into thinking that "The Seventh Sister" is not Barriss. Plus, did anyone notice how SMG specifically mentions Ahsoka in that first part? That feels like either a clue or a misdirection.

However, the other half thinks that maybe they aren't... partly because of those differences between this character and Barriss.

So, I think I'm going to go ahead and let this one play out. Maybe we'll either get more clues or a straight answer when Rebels comes back on (which, btw, is in 9 days!).

Yeah, that's about how I feel right now. I guess we'll wait and see.

I haven't seen the new episode yet, but I'll post my thoughts as soon as I watch it! I didn't have my computer for a week so I have a lot of catching up to do on some shows.

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:35 am

allishmalli wrote:

Yeah, that's about how I feel right now. I guess we'll wait and see.

I haven't seen the new episode yet, but I'll post my thoughts as soon as I watch it! I didn't have my computer for a week so I have a lot of catching up to do on some shows.

Oh hey, heads up about something from the episode. Something in it won't make too much sense unless you watch that first arc from The Lost Missions. Okay, it's not that confusing, but it still might be better if you watch that first arc ("The Unknown", "Conspiracy", "Fugitive", & "Orders").

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:43 am

Ok! Thanks for letting me know! I'll try and watch that this week! I should have watched it like two years ago . . . Razz How is it that I procrastinate on watching shows?

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:20 am

Razz How is it that I procrastinate on watching shows?
I dunno... but it did take me a long time to start watching The Lost Missions because I didn't want it to end and then I would have to go through the 5-stages-of-TV-show-grief... again. But, I'm glad I saw them and I hope that in the future, those story reels (that I've only watched a tiny bit of) will get finished and released on Netflix or something.

Okay, topic switch! So, I watched ANH last Saturday and something popped up into my head. Okay, when all the Imperial Officers (plus Vader) are talking about the Death Star's potential weakness and they bring up the Force and the Jedi, specifically how Vader was the last of their kind and all that jazz.

So... does that mean that between now (on Rebels) and then (on ANH), Kanan, Ezra, and Ahsoka will all die? And since Pablo Hidalgo (the "Lucasfilm Story Group" guy) said that the Rebels we see here aren't the same Rebel Alliance that's in the movies, does that mean that Kanan, Ezra, and Ahsoka will all die before the true Rebel Alliance is formed (and possibly even Hera, Sabine, and Zeb too)?

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:53 pm

I don't think it necessarily means they'll die. I mean, everyone thought Ahsoka would die during Clone Wars, but she didn't. I think the non-jedi characters have a good chance of making it and probably Ezra since he's both the main character and a kid, but it wouldn't be too far fetched for them to kill off Ahsoka or Kanan. I guess the biggest issue is that Vader knows about them, and he's not just going to give up hunting them, so something has to happen to explain why Vader is no longer after them by A New Hope. Whether that means character deaths, however, I'm not sure.

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:30 pm

I guess they could find some way to keep them alive, but I concur, why would Vader just stop hunting them unless they were dead?

I do feel like even though originally ANH was supposed to be a stand-alone film and all (and not everything that takes place before the OT is gonna flow with the OT... Padmé's extremely short time with Luke and Leia in RotS is proof of that), the Rebels team does have the responsibility to make sure that whatever they do flows well with what was established in ANH. I honestly have little to no doubt that they can do it, but I just wonder how... hmm...

I do think that if Ezra were to die (which I wouldn't discount just because he's a kid/teen... and by the time ANH rolls around, Ezra's gonna be around 20, so that won't even be a problem anymore... plus, if he died as a series finale type deal, then the whole "main character issue" is lessened a bit), I would think that it would be both heroic and non-gruesome... like a fiery explosion while trying to save people (maybe even a self-chosen sacrifice for the team and/or people he's protecting). I'm sure that Ahsoka would die during a duel (probably with Vader, but maybe someone else) or doing something heroic. It would be really awful, in my opinion, if she just died from a blaster-shot or a space battle or something really... normal... (unless they framed her death in a really dramatic way or something) and I'm also sure of the same thing for Kanan, although his death I'd suspect would be more tragic in some special way, not sure what that would be...

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:52 am

Those all seem like likely scenarios, though I'm still not quite sure about Ezra dying. Maybe just going into hiding, probably after the death of Kanan or something. I think Kanan is the most likely. Ahsoka also probably too, especially since she and Vader know each other, though the thing I could see saving her is that she's popular with fans.

I agree, though, that for all of them it would have to be something heroic and big. I would especially hope Ahsoka's is. Or her being killed by Vader, which adds another layer of tragedy to his character.

Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:39 pm

who else watched last week's episode?? I thought it was great! they're doing a really good job of keeping the suspense up in the early episodes and I loved the battle of the at-at and the walker!! That was so cool! It was like The Clone Wars vs Rebels and I loved it.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:58 pm

Starwarsartist wrote:
who else watched last week's episode?? I thought it was great! they're doing a really good job of keeping the suspense up in the early episodes and I loved the battle of the at-at and the walker!! That was so cool! It was like The Clone Wars vs Rebels and I loved it.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:16 am

Anyone watch last night's episode?

Okay, so I'm mostly convinced that the "Seventh Sister" is not Barriss. Not by the episode, but by the "Rebels Recon" related to this episode:

It seems to me that they're making a slightly big deal about SMG not just playing a female character in Star Wars, but sort of "creating" one. I'm thinking this wouldn't be such a big deal if SMG was just playing an already-established character.

What do y'all think?

Last edited by allishmalli on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:20 pm

Oh, I definitely don't think Seven is Barriss. When she was very first announced, I wondered, but then her face/voice actor/various details were revealed and I tossed that theory. I do wonder if Barriss and Seven will be connected somehow, maybe as relatives or something (because that seems like something rebels would do) but Seven isn't Barriss. I'm eager to find out more about her though, because I think she's so interesting. She's like, terrifying, but she's clever and dark and I want to see more of her.

I... don't have an opinion on the Fifth Brother yet though. I think he just seems like a cookie-cutter bad guy, like, we've seen so much of his kind before.

This episode was very Halloween appropriate though! I liked it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:20 pm

Anyone watch last night's episode?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:34 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:26 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:02 pm

Anyone see "Wings of the Master" yet?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:02 pm

Anyone see "Blood Sisters" yet?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Spoiler:

The Future of the Force

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   

Back to top Go down

General Star Wars Rebels Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next