HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 General Star Wars Rebels Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
avatar

Posts : 3602
Join date : 2011-01-02
Age : 22
Location : Here on TLH... kinda obvious, don't ya think?

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:18 pm

Starwarsartist wrote:
I would just like to take this moment to say that Yoda's Rebels design is hideous.

I agree, the pre-existing-live-action-characters' designs have been lacking as of late. For Yoda, it's almost like they tried a combo of TCW Yoda and the puppet from ESB (and then failed at it), and I don't really know with Anakin. He doesn't really look like anything. Not Hayden Christensen, not his TCW design. Which is weird, since I thought they did an okay-to-good job with Leia. She looks like Leia, even though she doesn't look too much like Carrie Fisher (though she doesn't really have to) and she doesn't really look like a teenager... *pauses to contemplate whether not to go into now-unlocked tangent*

*takes deep breath* I have a bone to pick with the character designers... and possibly with the crew in general. Okay, so Leia is supposed to be a couple days younger than Ezra, right? So why does Leia look several years older than Ezra (like she does in the movies)?

I understand (perfectly) that people who are a particular age can look younger or older than their actual age (I, personally, have been told for many years that I look about 3-4 years younger than I actually am). But if they are trying to get across that this is a 16-to-17-year-old Leia instead of a 19-or-older Leia, then they didn't do that good of a job.

It doesn't help that Leia acts a lot older than Ezra (and doesn't have that much of a connection with him), and she doesn't sound like a 16-to-17-year-old (though the blame for that is probably on voice direction rather than voice-acting).

Also, it doesn't help when Ezra still looks the same from back in Season 1 even though it's been 2 years since he joined the Ghost crew. The only change in his character design is the addition of two small facial scars. I'm seriously hating that aside from Sabine changing her hair color and Ezra's facial scars, there is no indication that time is progressing somewhat rapidly in this series...

allishmalli wrote:
Just saw the StarWars.com article about this episode and it says: "Set roughly three years before the events of A New Hope, Leia is introduced as a young leader on her way to becoming the strong, more resolute character portrayed in the original trilogy."

So, time seems to be moving faster in the SW universe than I thought. I thought that (unless the show was going to be slower with time like TCW) since the show started 5 years before ANH, I thought it'd be now 4 years before ANH with next season being 3 years before ANH... guess not...

So, if this show is moving at a quick pace like this, why do Ezra and Sabine not look like they're progressing in age? People change a lot between age 14 and 19, especially in appearance. I mean, I don't need them to look that much older, but give me some kind of indicator that they're aging... and I don't mean just a hair-color change for Sabine (just because you change your hair color does not mean that you have aged 2 years).

Why not a an outfit change for everyone? They certainly could have one since they joined a new team of Rebels. Why not making Ezra's hair a bit longer (or shorter if you wanted to give him a sophisticated hair-cut or something)... nothing too jarring, but at least noticeable. Why not make Ezra noticeably taller (and actually point it out in the script)? Why not have Ezra say a throwaway line like "These past two years with you guys have been great" or "I can't believe that you guys have been my family for the past two years"?

I know they did this in TCW where they waited a long time before showing that time was progressing (resulting in new, older designs for the characters), but I can somewhat forgive that because, for a while, the episodes were out of chronological order, and the fact that their computer animation skills were still a bit lacking until season 3.

But for Rebels I have a harder time forgiving.

*takes deep breath*

Okay, moving on.



Starwarsartist wrote:
Also, I'm pretty certain they're paving the way for Dark Ezra, which makes me less happy.

I'm getting that vibe too. Hopefully, if we're getting Dark Ezra, it won't last long.

Starwarsartist wrote:
Also... I'm getting genuinely worried about Ahsoka. I don't think they're going to kill her off, because she is a really important character and they made a big deal about bringing her onto the show in the first place, but like... what if???

I really don't know what they're planning with her. I can pretty much see it going either way. I really don't want them to kill her off... at all... but I especially don't want them to kill her off now after only one season with her... especially since we've barely seen Ahsoka in this season. Wouldn't it be better if they showed Ahsoka a lot more, having the kids who didn't watch TCW connect with her first (or at least in a deeper way than now), before they killed her off?

*sigh* This show is pretty frustrating right now...

_________________





I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
avatar

Posts : 3602
Join date : 2011-01-02
Age : 22
Location : Here on TLH... kinda obvious, don't ya think?

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:46 pm

I feel that as of late, I've been more critical of Rebels and I'm half-wondering if it's warranted... or at least if my ranting about is warranted.

So, be honest with me. I mean it. Tell it too me straight.

Am I being too harsh on Rebels?  Am I being too negative here on TLH (and is that negativity pushing y'all away from talking about Rebels)?

I try to be positive. I really do. I don't want to be the person who is just so negative all the time and pushes everyone away because of it... or arguably worse, the negativity starts to rub off on y'all.

But at the same time, I do have my gripes with Rebels, more than I expected to have and more that I probably should have. I don't necessarily want to bottle up my complaints because I don't want to sound too negative. Besides, what if I have a negative opinion that everyone happens to share. At least if the opinion is out there, then we can discuss it and either agree or disagree with each other.

Honestly, if y'all think I'm being too negative about Rebels, then just tell me. I'll try and be more positive... or at least stop the multiple-paragraph rants.

_________________





I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
avatar

Posts : 3602
Join date : 2011-01-02
Age : 22
Location : Here on TLH... kinda obvious, don't ya think?

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:06 pm


_________________





I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
avatar

Posts : 3413
Join date : 2011-06-28
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere in the outer rim...

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:29 am

So. It's tomorrow. (Or today now, since it's 12:30 AM in my timezone.) The moment we've all been waiting for.

I'm!!! So!!! Scared!! For!!! Ahsoka!!!!

I wasn't overly worried, until that preview came out of Rex and Ahsoka talking on the ship. (The one at the end of Rebels Recon last week.) That? That felt like a goodbye. A callback to their first meeting, a "May the Force Be With You" moment, seriously. I don't see why that conversation went like it did, unless Ahsoka and Rex are never going to see each other again.

Other Things I Am Currently Concerned About:

Ezra turning to the dark side.
Maul causing Ezra any type of harm.
Kanan in his and Ahsoka's duel with the inquisitors.
Seriously. Who dies.
Oh yeah, I forgot that Ezra and Vader are going to be meeting again. That's bound to go incredibly well.
This finale is an hour long. A LOT CAN HAPPEN IN AN HOUR.

Also, Allishmalli, I like your critical view of Rebels! Too often in the fandom I see people treating it like a perfect show. It's not and I think it's important as fans to acknowledge that.

(@lucasfilm, was that ahsoka and vader: rise and fall of a friendship video really necessary)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
avatar

Posts : 3602
Join date : 2011-01-02
Age : 22
Location : Here on TLH... kinda obvious, don't ya think?

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:51 pm

Starwarsartist wrote:
So. It's tomorrow. (Or today now, since it's 12:30 AM in my timezone.) The moment we've all been waiting for.

Holy crap, I forgot! How could I forget!?

Ah, rats! I've got my American History class tonight during Rebels!


Starwarsartist wrote:
I'm!!! So!!! Scared!! For!!! Ahsoka!!!!

I wasn't overly worried, until that preview came out of Rex and Ahsoka talking on the ship. (The one at the end of Rebels Recon last week.) That? That felt like a goodbye. A callback to their first meeting, a "May the Force Be With You" moment, seriously. I don't see why that conversation went like it did, unless Ahsoka and Rex are never going to see each other again.

Other Things I Am Currently Concerned About:

Ezra turning to the dark side.
Maul causing Ezra any type of harm.
Kanan in his and Ahsoka's duel with the inquisitors.
Seriously. Who dies.
Oh yeah, I forgot that Ezra and Vader are going to be meeting again. That's bound to go incredibly well.
This finale is an hour long. A LOT CAN HAPPEN IN AN HOUR.

I'm scared too... especially now that you bring up that Rebels Recon clip... oh boy...


Starwarsartist wrote:
Also, Allishmalli, I like your critical view of Rebels! Too often in the fandom I see people treating it like a perfect show. It's not and I think it's important as fans to acknowledge that.

Thanks. Despite my complaints, I still do like watching Rebels. This season, (despite it sometimes wasting a good opportunity and not having stories go on long enough) did have some awesome moments that season 1 didn't have. I was just a bit worried that I was being overly critical/negative to the point that I'm being obnoxious about it, and I keep y'all from enjoying it yourselves. I actually find that I enjoy re-watching these episodes with my dad since he seems to enjoy them somewhat more than I did the first time 'round.

_________________





I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6249
Join date : 2011-01-03
Age : 19
Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:53 am

Ok, I finally got caught up on Rebels but haven't seen the finale yet. I'll have seen it by tomorrow, but for now I want to write my thoughts on the season so far.

First off, I don't think you're being too negative allishmalli. The show isn't perfect and criticism is a very engaging, healthy part of conversation anyways. Don't worry about being too negative. Besides, I really love your commentaries.

I agree with you both about the character designs. Yoda's looks awful and Anakin's just looks a bit awkward. It is confusing because Leia, Vader, and Lando's designs look fine. I wonder if it's just the prequel characters that look awkward? But I'm not sure why that would be. Maybe the visual style is more adapted to the OT era? Who knows.

I definitely agree that the character designs should be changing to show passage of time. I know that's expensive or whatever, but come on, it's been two seasons. It'd be nice to see some changes in the character designs.

Ok, I'll just confess that I've had a hard time being interested in the second half of season 2. I think it's more things on my end than problems with the show, though. (I've been really busy with college and stuff) However, I do find it frustrating that so many of the episodes don't have much effect on the overall plot. I will say, though, even on the filler episodes I am so impressed by the atmosphere the show creates. I think it's the music -- something about it just feels more Star Wars-y. It' very nice.

Oh gosh, and as much as I may gripe about some of the episodes, the one with Kallus and Zeb is probably my new favorite episode of the whole show so far. I just love the direction they took that and the camaraderie between those characters! It was very fun.

All right, I'll be back tomorrow/later today with my thoughts on the finale. I'm gonna be so sad if Ahsoka dies :( I can't deal with this right now!

_________________
Long live Duchess Satine!
Certified animation geek. Everything is AWESOME! All hail the glow cloud, Avengers assemble, turtle power, allons-y, and may the force be with you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
GeneralSnips

avatar

Posts : 792
Join date : 2012-11-11
Age : 20
Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:01 pm

What is this life?!
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
avatar

Posts : 3602
Join date : 2011-01-02
Age : 22
Location : Here on TLH... kinda obvious, don't ya think?

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:38 pm

Well, that was undoubtedly a fantastic episode!

Okay, so I'm working on pretty much a full-on review of this episode with some things about the season as a whole. It's proving to be taking longer than I thought it was...

So, what does everyone else think?

_________________





I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
avatar

Posts : 3413
Join date : 2011-06-28
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere in the outer rim...

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:25 am

I still haven't gathered my thoughts together tbh. It was probably the best season finale I've ever seen in my life though. I loved every second of it!

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6249
Join date : 2011-01-03
Age : 19
Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:26 am

Dude. Just when I thought I was starting to lose interest. Way to suck me back in, Star Wars Rebels!

This episode was so unbelievably good. Just everything about it. The music was amazing, the battles were amazing, the character stuff was great. Ugh, just so good!!! I feel bad for being a bit harsh on the rest of the season now. Because MAN did this last episode deliver.

Spoiler:
 

_________________
Long live Duchess Satine!
Certified animation geek. Everything is AWESOME! All hail the glow cloud, Avengers assemble, turtle power, allons-y, and may the force be with you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
avatar

Posts : 3602
Join date : 2011-01-02
Age : 22
Location : Here on TLH... kinda obvious, don't ya think?

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:29 pm



We have a clip from season 3, people!

I haven't even bothered to see the other stuff in the video, just the clip (which starts at 3:39)!





OMG!!! Ezra got a haircut!!! And a green lightsaber!!! He actually looks older now... and he seems to act older now too!!! Holy crap!!!

Okay, I probably should watch the rest of the video now...

_________________





I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6249
Join date : 2011-01-03
Age : 19
Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:55 pm

Oh my gosh!! Old Ezra! My child is all grown up....

I really like this, though! I have a feeling this next season will be darker, so the new design sort of fits with that.

_________________
Long live Duchess Satine!
Certified animation geek. Everything is AWESOME! All hail the glow cloud, Avengers assemble, turtle power, allons-y, and may the force be with you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
avatar

Posts : 3602
Join date : 2011-01-02
Age : 22
Location : Here on TLH... kinda obvious, don't ya think?

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:10 am

Previously, on a rant I had a 4 months ago...

allishmalli wrote:
... Also, it doesn't help when Ezra still looks the same from back in Season 1 even though it's been 2 years since he joined the Ghost crew. The only change in his character design is the addition of two small facial scars. I'm seriously hating that aside from Sabine changing her hair color and Ezra's facial scars, there is no indication that time is progressing somewhat rapidly in this series...

allishmalli wrote:
Just saw the StarWars.com article about this episode and it says: "Set roughly three years before the events of A New Hope, Leia is introduced as a young leader on her way to becoming the strong, more resolute character portrayed in the original trilogy."

So, time seems to be moving faster in the SW universe than I thought. I thought that (unless the show was going to be slower with time like TCW) since the show started 5 years before ANH, I thought it'd be now 4 years before ANH with next season being 3 years before ANH... guess not...

So, if this show is moving at a quick pace like this, why do Ezra and Sabine not look like they're progressing in age? People change a lot between age 14 and 19, especially in appearance. I mean, I don't need them to look that much older, but give me some kind of indicator that they're aging... and I don't mean just a hair-color change for Sabine (just because you change your hair color does not mean that you have aged 2 years).

Why not a an outfit change for everyone? They certainly could have one since they joined a new team of Rebels. Why not making Ezra's hair a bit longer (or shorter if you wanted to give him a sophisticated hair-cut or something)... nothing too jarring, but at least noticeable. Why not make Ezra noticeably taller (and actually point it out in the script)? Why not have Ezra say a throwaway line like "These past two years with you guys have been great" or "I can't believe that you guys have been my family for the past two years"?

I know they did this in TCW where they waited a long time before showing that time was progressing (resulting in new, older designs for the characters), but I can somewhat forgive that because, for a while, the episodes were out of chronological order, and the fact that their computer animation skills were still a bit lacking until season 3.

But for Rebels I have a harder time forgiving.

*takes deep breath*

Okay, moving on. ...


Well, that problem is somewhat fixed. (Looks like they finally heard my complaints  Smile)

I'm wondering how close we are to ANH now... If it's really close, then I'm going to be sad, a bit ticked off that time is moving so rapidly in this series, and also ticked off at the fact that they're just now changing Ezra's appearance to make him look older instead of doing it last season.


Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
I have a feeling this next season will be darker, so the new design sort of fits with that.
I'm positive that they're going to go darker the season. You can't go from all that happened in the season finale to having mostly "happy-fun time" episodes the next season... you just can't...

_________________





I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6249
Join date : 2011-01-03
Age : 19
Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:29 pm

Yay!! I'm just super happy they gave us new designs! Though I'm with you; I'm a bit curious how close we are to ANH and it is kind of unclear how much time has passed since the show started.

Yeah, that is true. I'd have to say I'm really excited for them to go to some potentially dark places.

_________________
Long live Duchess Satine!
Certified animation geek. Everything is AWESOME! All hail the glow cloud, Avengers assemble, turtle power, allons-y, and may the force be with you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
avatar

Posts : 3602
Join date : 2011-01-02
Age : 22
Location : Here on TLH... kinda obvious, don't ya think?

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:47 pm

The Season 3 trailer is out!!!













Okay, I'm going through this point by point:

• Wow, the first line heard was "Ahsoka."
• Kanan has a beard!?
• I'm still really loving Ezra's new hair.
• Hmm... I wonder why he said "I will never let my friends get hurt again" and not "I will never let my friends get killed" or "I will never let my friends die" or "I will never let my friends get hurt or killed again". I know that Kanan was hurt, but as far as he should know, Ahsoka probably died. Eh, just a nit-pick. Moving on.
• Where'd Ezra get the crystal for his new lightsaber? And why didn't he go back to his original lightsaber/blaster design?
• Ezra's getting closer to the dark. Interesting, but I'm wondering how this character-arc will end...
• Ooh, Sabine's hair is different now! Lighter and more of an adult hairstyle... I think I like it
• *Gasp* Wedge Antilles! Finally!
• Is it just me or does the girl with Wedge look like Sabine? Relation or limited character-design software? Hmm...
• I think that Hondo has been in this show more than Ahsoka has... that doesn't settle with me very well.
• Huh, they're fighting droids... interesting.
• Oh, so that Mandalorian guy is still there.
• I wonder why the Empire never developed "flying Stormtroopers"
• Governor Price looks familiar. Has she been in other Star Wars stuff? She actually kind of looks like that Soviet chick from the 4th Indiana Jones movie.
• So, is Cham Syndulla officially a part of the Rebels now? That'd be cool if he was!
• *Gasp* Admiral Thrawn exists in this universe! They're integrating the EU into Rebels! OMG!
• I wonder if I should read the Admiral Thrawn books now...
• I figure that Kanan will be more powerful in the Force now that he's blind.
• Ugh, get out of here, Maul! Quit messing with Ezra!
• Wait, does Kanan have his shield thing off? Why does he have green eyes?
• Umm, I wouldn't combine those holocrons if I were you...
• The "Bendu"? I think I saw on Wookieepedia that they were the original Jedi... though I'm not sure... cool character though. I wonder if he'll be like the lion-turtle thing from Avatar: The Last Airbender.
• "I must become more powerful" Yeah... that's not gonna turn out well for you, Ezra. You gonna go dark...
• What'd I say about those holocrons. You tried to combine them and it literally blew up in your face...

Wow... just wow! It may be that this is such an awesome trailer, but I'm confident that this season is going to be better than last season, at least when it comes to Ezra's character arc and Thrawn.



What do y'all think?

_________________





I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6249
Join date : 2011-01-03
Age : 19
Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:01 pm

Great trailer! I am so hyped up for the new season now!!

I love the new designs! Ezra finally hit puberty! And Sabine's new hairstyle is so cute! It will take me a while to get used to Kanan's beard but I like the Jaig Eyes on his helmet.
I read somewhere that some children-centered tv stations won't allow characters to use the words "kill" or "die". Not sure if that is true for Disney XD but that may be why he doesn't say it. I remember an episode of Ultimate Spider-Man having Deadpool parody that rule once. It's also why on a lot of shows the villains will use phrases like "you will perish" or "you will be destroyed". Not sure why that is any different from using the word "kill"...
I was surprised to see Wedge! And Thrawn! I think it's cool they're being incorporated into the show, though.
And about the girl who looks like Sabine, I think that is Sabine. It looks like a flashback of when she was at the Imperial Academy. I could be wrong, though.
Haha, I thought the exact same thing about Governor Price!! She totally looks like Spalko or whatever her name was from Indiana Jones.
Also is the Mandalorian guy Satine's nephew who was on Clone Wars? If so, that's cool! I wonder if we'll get to see Bo-Katan. I'd love it if she made an appearance.
The Bendu seems cool. I read that it is voiced by the guy who plays the 4th Doctor on Doctor Who.

I can't wait to see where everything goes! I have a feeling this season will be the best so far!

_________________
Long live Duchess Satine!
Certified animation geek. Everything is AWESOME! All hail the glow cloud, Avengers assemble, turtle power, allons-y, and may the force be with you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
avatar

Posts : 3602
Join date : 2011-01-02
Age : 22
Location : Here on TLH... kinda obvious, don't ya think?

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:04 am

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
I read somewhere that some children-centered tv stations won't allow characters to use the words "kill" or "die". Not sure if that is true for Disney XD but that may be why he doesn't say it. I remember an episode of Ultimate Spider-Man having Deadpool parody that rule once. It's also why on a lot of shows the villains will use phrases like "you will perish" or "you will be destroyed". Not sure why that is any different from using the word "kill"...

Oh, okay. That makes sense.

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
I was surprised to see Wedge! And Thrawn! I think it's cool they're being incorporated into the show, though.

Wedge, to some extent, was to be expected. Thrawn (even though I haven't read his story yet) was a surprise.

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
And about the girl who looks like Sabine, I think that is Sabine. It looks like a flashback of when she was at the Imperial Academy. I could be wrong, though.

Well, I don't think that they've ever done a flashback before (and don't think they'd start having them starting with Sabine), and the clip was played right after Wedge's name has been introduced, so it would seem that Wedge is in the group with the Sabine look-a-like.

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
Haha, I thought the exact same thing about Governor Price!! She totally looks like Spalko or whatever her name was from Indiana Jones.

I wonder if that was a conscious choice to sort of connect Star Wars to Indiana Jones (since they're both Lucasfilm properties) or if it was just an accident.

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
Also is the Mandalorian guy Satine's nephew who was on Clone Wars? If so, that's cool! I wonder if we'll get to see Bo-Katan. I'd love it if she made an appearance.

No, the guy's name is Fenn Rau. He's the Mandalorian guy who almost killed Hera and the Rebels captured him. I kind of now wish that he had been Satine's nephew (Korkie)

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
The Bendu seems cool. I read that it is voiced by the guy who plays the 4th Doctor on Doctor Who.

Woah! That is so cool! I haven't seen any of the 4th Doctor, but that's really cool!!!

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
I can't wait to see where everything goes! I have a feeling this season will be the best so far!

I have high hopes for this season!

_________________





I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6249
Join date : 2011-01-03
Age : 19
Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

allishmalli wrote:

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
And about the girl who looks like Sabine, I think that is Sabine. It looks like a flashback of when she was at the Imperial Academy. I could be wrong, though.

Well, I don't think that they've ever done a flashback before (and don't think they'd start having them starting with Sabine), and the clip was played right after Wedge's name has been introduced, so it would seem that Wedge is in the group with the Sabine look-a-like.
Hm, I guess it is just a look-alike, then. Unless Sabine has a relative at the academy. I wouldn't be surprised if she did. I feel like there is a lot we still don't know about her.

allishmalli wrote:
Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
Haha, I thought the exact same thing about Governor Price!! She totally looks like Spalko or whatever her name was from Indiana Jones.

I wonder if that was a conscious choice to sort of connect Star Wars to Indiana Jones (since they're both Lucasfilm properties) or if it was just an accident.

I'd be willing to bet it was on purpose. Clone Wars had a lot of Indiana Jones references too.

allishmalli wrote:
Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
Also is the Mandalorian guy Satine's nephew who was on Clone Wars? If so, that's cool! I wonder if we'll get to see Bo-Katan. I'd love it if she made an appearance.

No, the guy's name is Fenn Rau. He's the Mandalorian guy who almost killed Hera and the Rebels captured him. I kind of now wish that he had been Satine's nephew (Korkie)

Oh, that's right! I forgot about him.

allishmalli wrote:
Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
I can't wait to see where everything goes! I have a feeling this season will be the best so far!

I have high hopes for this season!

I do too! Do you know when it comes back on?

_________________
Long live Duchess Satine!
Certified animation geek. Everything is AWESOME! All hail the glow cloud, Avengers assemble, turtle power, allons-y, and may the force be with you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
avatar

Posts : 3602
Join date : 2011-01-02
Age : 22
Location : Here on TLH... kinda obvious, don't ya think?

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:13 pm

Hey, I don't know if this theory has been brought up before, but I just found an article with the theory that Ezra is Supreme Leader Snoke: http://moviepilot.com/posts/4004493

I'm not totally convinced (mostly because I want Ezra to be a good guy in the end), but it looks highly plausible...

What do y'all think?

_________________





I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
avatar

Posts : 3602
Join date : 2011-01-02
Age : 22
Location : Here on TLH... kinda obvious, don't ya think?

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:35 pm

We have another trailer for Season 3!



I'm really excited for Thrawn! From what I've heard, he sounds like an amazing foe for the rebels to go up against! The only problem I have with him is that Rebels seems to try to up the stakes every season, meaning that villains get greater and greater. So, wouldn't this mean that Thrawn is, by definition, a greater villain than Darth Vader? To me, that doesn't seems right.

I know that in his original story, he wasn't brought in until after Darth Vader and the Emperor were dead, so it makes sense that he'd be such a great villain and possibly greater than Vader since Vader is dead in Thrawn's story and Thrawn wasn't really around in the movie timeline.

What do y'all think?

_________________





I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6249
Join date : 2011-01-03
Age : 19
Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:58 pm

It looks so good!! Ahh this is the most excited I've been for any season of Rebels so far!

I think that Vader has bigger concerns than the Rebels, and the only reason he was so involved last season was because of Ahsoka, who really does pose a threat to him (emotionally most of all). But now that Ahsoka is "taken care of" (or so he thinks, anyways), he has no reason to bother with the Rebels.

I mean, I think the real reason is that the crew doesn't want to use him too much and lessen the impact of his character, but for an in-universe reason I think the Ahsoka thing works.

Either way I'm excited for Thrawn!

_________________
Long live Duchess Satine!
Certified animation geek. Everything is AWESOME! All hail the glow cloud, Avengers assemble, turtle power, allons-y, and may the force be with you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
avatar

Posts : 3602
Join date : 2011-01-02
Age : 22
Location : Here on TLH... kinda obvious, don't ya think?

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:19 pm

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
I wonder if we'll get to see Bo-Katan. I'd love it if she made an appearance.

Well, looks like you got your wish...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/scifi_movies/star_wars/bsgs-katee-sackoff-will-return-as-clone-wars-character-a145104

_________________





I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
avatar

Posts : 3413
Join date : 2011-06-28
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere in the outer rim...

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:34 am

Bo-Katan!!! That's so cool! I can't wait to see that. Very Happy

I think Thrawn is the perfect villain for Rebels actually, even better than Vader. The Rebels team doesn't want to lose the "magic" of Vader's character, so to speak, and so they used him really sparingly last season. Same with Ahsoka, they didn't want her and Vader taking over the show. But Thrawn has never been on screen before, he's a well-loved character without being majorly popular like Vader, and so I think they will be able to use him more than Vader. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with him!

Is there any other characters you'd like to see in Rebels? I personally really hope to see Ferus Olin at one point, if they feel like introducing any more popular Legends characters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6249
Join date : 2011-01-03
Age : 19
Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:18 pm

Yay!! Very Happy I'm so excited to see Bo-Katan again!!

I just want to see as many Clone Wars characters as they feel comfortable using. I'd especially love to know what happened to Cad Bane. I'm also kind of curious about Boba Fett and where he's at right now. They were doing interesting things with him in Clone Wars so I would actually like it if they continued that story just a bit.

I don't know of either of these characters would show up, though. It doesn't seem to fit the tone of the show, but then again, they gave us more Hondo, Maul, and Ahsoka, so why not Cad Bane or Boba Fett?

_________________
Long live Duchess Satine!
Certified animation geek. Everything is AWESOME! All hail the glow cloud, Avengers assemble, turtle power, allons-y, and may the force be with you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
avatar

Posts : 3602
Join date : 2011-01-02
Age : 22
Location : Here on TLH... kinda obvious, don't ya think?

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
Yay!! Very Happy I'm so excited to see Bo-Katan again!!

I just want to see as many Clone Wars characters as they feel comfortable using. I'd especially love to know what happened to Cad Bane. I'm also kind of curious about Boba Fett and where he's at right now. They were doing interesting things with him in Clone Wars so I would actually like it if they continued that story just a bit.

I don't know of either of these characters would show up, though. It doesn't seem to fit the tone of the show, but then again, they gave us more Hondo, Maul, and Ahsoka, so why not Cad Bane or Boba Fett?

I feel like they are not likely to bring those characters back. It seems like they're pretty focused on the main story/s they're telling (which doesn't appear to include more bounty hunters like CB and BF). Unless they found a way to weave them in seamlessly, their episodes might feel like filler.

Plus, the rumors are still going around that this is their last season. They probably wouldn't introduce characters like Cad Bane and Boba Fett in their last season, especially since they're introducing Thrawn, Bo-Katan, and Wedge Antilles.

_________________





I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Rebels Discussion   

Back to top Go down
 
General Star Wars Rebels Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Vintage Star Wars calendars on Ebay!
» COX Star Wars R/C Landspeeder What is it worth?
» Star Wars Birthday party for Colorado girl
» May KC Legoland Star Wars Weekends 5/4-5/13
» Sept KC Legoland Star Wars Weekend 9/14-15/13

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Star Wars :: Star Wars TV-
Jump to: