HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:04 pm

Completely agree DSK. I got a rush seeing the Millennium Falcon! Its going to be awe-some!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:48 pm

We have character names!

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/12/11/star-wars-the-force-awakens-character-names/

View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:07 pm

So, what does everyone think of the character names?

My favorite is Kylo Ren, mostly because it sounds like my name, but also because it just sounds nice when you say it. I like most of the names, though. The only one that seems awkward to me is Poe Dameron, but I still like it because it reminds me of Edgar Allan Poe.

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:08 am

GeneralSnips wrote:
... I'm so excited! But it dose look just a tad bit like a fanfilm, but with JJ Abrams making this I'm sure it'll be great, the look of it is amazing.

I was thinking the exact same thing (yes, I know I'm extremely late on commenting about this...)! It does look a tad bit like a fan-film (mostly because fan-films these days are looking better as technology advances); but nevertheless, I'm getting pumped up for this (I'd never thought I'd say that considering my mixed feelings about it at the announcement and my negative feelings for it when they cancelled TCW...)!

I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Second Teaser Trailer!   Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:16 am

Okay, let's face it, y'all have probably already seen this trailer. But just in case you haven't or if you want to watch it a couple 100 more times here it is:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:42 pm

I'm not gonna lie, I cried at the end.

If I wasn't already pumped up, I definitely am now!

Nah I was pumped up all along but man this just gets me even more excited!

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:08 am

I could feel my heart beat pick up as I watched that! And I would have screamed at the end if it wasnt for me being with my family XD

I'm super excited and so is my brother! I can't wait!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:06 pm

I AM SO EXCITED

Like, i hope that these films live up to the hype. Even though i'm not a fan of Disney erasing the EU, I'm super pumped for all the new movies we're going to get!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: The Force Awakens   Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:21 pm

I feel like all discussion on the new Star Wars films can fit in the regular Star Wars topic, so I have merged everything and moved it.

Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:04 pm

LOOK AT THIS MORE FOOTAGE + LEIA'S COSTUME DESIGN!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:23 pm

Wow!!! I am so excited for this now, it's not even funny!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:48 pm

With all the news that keeps coming out I just keep getting more and more excited! I'm trying to stay away from most of it to avoid spoilers, but I've gotten just the right amount for now to get me excited without spoiling anything.

Which characters/aspects of the film are you guys most excited about?

I'm looking forward to Captain Phasma! She seems so awesome! All the characters seem pretty cool, though.

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:22 pm

I don't know. I guess I'm excited about all the new characters since they're new and I want to know more about them and see them in action. Don't get me wrong, I want to see the old characters again, but I'm a bit more excited to see these new characters, even if it's just a teeny bit more.

I've thought about buying the new Star Wars: Aftermath book (since it came out today along with all the other merchandise for "Force Friday"), but at the same time, I'm wondering how much the book will give away as far as spoilers go. I don't want to read it if if has spoilers cause I want to generally be clean of spoilers when I see the movie. But at the same time, I do want to get into this new EU since I never got into the old EU before. I am devising a plan to get myself a copy (either book or audiobook) of both Star Wars: A New Dawn and Star Wars: Dark Disciple. My dad already knows I want to get Dark Disciple since we almost got the audiobook while at the bookstore a week ago (he was already getting an audiobook for a trip he was taking).

EDIT (10-12-15): Speaking of various audiobooks, did you know that it costs It costs 199.91% more to buy the audiobook of Star Wars: A New Dawn (if bought on iTunes) than the actual book (if bought at Barnes & Noble, the only physical bookstore in my area) and it costs 40.48% more to buy the audiobook of Dark Disciple: Star Wars (if bought on iTunes) than the actual book (if bought at Barnes & Noble)? That's crazy!!! I've been debating myself for a few weeks on whether or not I start buying Star Wars audiobooks. Overall, I've been leaning towards getting them (or at least trying them out)... except when it come to the price, which I'm not too crazy about...

Last edited by allishmalli on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:30 pm

I know what you mean. I would like to get into the new books as well, or at the very least the ones that tie in with Clone Wars and Rebels. The comic books about Kanan seem good too. I don't think I'll read anything tying in to TFA until after it comes out, and then I'll consider it depending on how I feel about the movie.

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:22 am

Apparently, there is a rumor going around the internet (it's actually a trending topic on Facebook now) that's saying that Hayden Christensen is going to be in future SW movies like Episode VIII and Rogue One, probably as a force ghost.

Like I said in the Basic TCW Talk topic, "I know Hayden Christensen gets a lot of criticism for his portrayal of Anakin (I'm willing to defend some of it, but not all of it); but I've heard people (at least people who don't like his performance) argue that it wasn't his acting, just bad direction [and bad writing. Even an Oscar-winning actor will look bad with bad direction and bad writing]. Even though I haven't seen much of his other films, I have seen one other movie he was in (Shattered Glass... really good movie btw) and, in my opinion, he was pretty good in it (though I 'm not the best judge at acting skills)."

So honestly, I think if the story works well with force-ghost Anakin in it and Hayden gets some good direction and writing to go with it, I don't think it's a bad idea. Maybe public opinion of him and his portrayal of Anakin will boost if it all works out well.

What do y'all think?

Last edited by allishmalli on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:19 pm

I hope that's true! I'd love to see Hayden make a return to the saga and it would be nice for Disney to pay proper homage to the Prequels.

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:38 pm

The final movie poster is here!!!

http://blogs.disney.com/insider/2015/10/18/the-final-star-wars-the-force-awakens-poster-is-here-and-is-awesome/

This looks awesome!!! I'm so excited for this movie now!!!

The only thing that I'm finding "wrong" with this poster is that Luke isn't in it... actually, I don't even think he was in the first poster. Um... we know he's in the movie, so why isn't he in either poster? Are they trying to tell us something? (on second thought, don't answer that, I want to be surprised and NOT spoiled)

One thing that really stands out about this poster is that... it's REALLY colorful! It looks absolutely gorgeous!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:18 pm

The final trailer came out for TFA today!!!

*Squees*

I'm so hyped up for this movie, I could explode (and destroy Alderaan through my debris)!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:08 am

What a beautiful poster! Smile And my guess is that they're trying to keep Luke a figure of mystery, since he's not in the trailers or the poster. I find it intriguing.

And I think this is my favorite trailer so far!! It's going to be so awesome!

boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom

shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:30 pm

I am so stoked!!! We're going to get tickets for the midnight showing and I honestly think that these new movies will be amazing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:17 am

So I had the best experience last night! A local theater does a free movie night every once in a while for my college, which is always a ton of fun because the college students have the best reactions to movies. So my friends and I went to see Crimson Peak which was packed will all college students, and after they showed the Star Wars trailer everyone applauded Very Happy It made me so happy!

But seriously, this movie is going to bust some records! boom

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:47 pm

So, now that there's only 9 more days left till TFA comes out (*squeals*), what are everybody's plans to see it?

Who's planning on seeing it opening night (Thursday night)?

Who's planning on seeing it Friday?

Who's planning on seeing it sometime that opening weekend?

Who's planning on seeing it on Christmas as a Christmas gift?

Who's planning on seeing it in IMAX/IMAX 3D?

Who's planning on seeing it in 3D?

Who doesn't know what her plans are and is just going with the flow and what she can get? (*raises hand*)

It's possible that I'm leaving for MO (for the first half of my Christmas vacation) on the 20th, so I'm trying to convince my dad to pre-buy the tickets for the 19th so I can see it before we leave (since I'm not 100% sure whether or not I'll get to see it in MO or not, and I'd just rather see it in my theater). I'm not sure if that's gonna happen, but I'll take what I can get.

Anyways, I saw this on Facebook, and even though we do we have a spoiler box on here, we still need to make sure and abide by this promise here and on other social media:

Who's with me!?!? *raises fist and arm in dramatic fashion*

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:52 pm

Only one more week!

I plan on seeing it opening night (Thursday, the 17th, at 7:00 pm). I check out of my dorm at 1 and am driving straight home to see it with my family! Very Happy The 18th is my brother's birthday, so this is sort of a birthday celebration.

After that, I'll probably see it again a bunch of times. I for sure want to see it in IMAX, and I'll probably go with all of my different friend groups.

And yes, I completely agree about the spoilers! No spoilers please, people! Everyone here is good about using the spoiler box, but I want to remind everyone on other social media to keep spoilers off until a week or two after the movie has been out.

Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:34 pm

This week, guys, this week! Surprised Surprised Surprised

lightsaberfight

I am so excited! And a little nervous, to be honest. But mostly excited! This is possibly the most hyped up movie of all time and I'm loving every second of it!

Reviews hit tomorrow and I've decided not to read any reviews or even look at rotten tomatoes or imdb at all before the movie comes out. I don't want to go in with a set of expectations based on what critics say. I want to be to totally surprised.

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:25 pm

Me too! (Btw, I'm officially going Saturday at 5:00)

EDIT (a few hours later): Okay, so I didn't see a review of the movie... however, I did watch a theory video that sort of has me at least half-convinced that it's true. I kinda feel bad now though because if the theory is correct, it's not a complete total surprise. I now promise to look at nothing else about the movie. At all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens   Today at 5:42 am

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Force Awakens
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next