HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anime Topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Anime Topic   Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:24 pm

So I saw that the anime topic from before was locked so I thought I would make a new one since there are some animes I would like to talk about ^_^

So, I think my favorite anime I watched this year has to be Attack on Titan. I had watched it the year it came out and didn't like it very much, but then Ahsoka watched it this summer and fell in love so watched it again and I admit I was pulled into this mad fandom XD Levi, Hanji and Mikasa are my favorite characters and I can't express how much I ship Levi and Hanji!  I actually got a Levi plush and my first action figure (Levi Razz) when I was in London when I went to a anime store there.

I've also seen Wolf Children which was one of the best anime movies I've seen and it was really touching. And I've seen Noragami, very funny and a good anime to have a marathon of.

The last anime I watched (or remember watching XD) is Psycho-Pass. Now it's under the genera of horror so I didn't go anywhere near it until a friend started to watch it and pressed me to watch it and I'm so glad I did! Its about this futuristic world where people are judged on their Psycho-Pass'. 200 or over your dubbed a latent criminal or you get your brains blown out lol. And if your a criminal you can become an Enforcer to the Inspectors of the city (a guard dog, someone to take the hit).
I probably just confused all of you but its a really good anime and if you can handle horror (its not too bad) and need a new anime this is a very good show with two seasons and a movie.

Anyway, that's all I got for right now. If any of you have seen any of these, let me know, I would love to discuss them with you! ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Anime Topic   Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:07 pm

Thanks for creating a topic for this! Very Happy

I haven't seen too many anime, but I plan on watching more!

My favorites are Fruits Basket, Attack on Titan, and Ouran Highschool Host Club.

Fruits Basket was my first anime, and still my favorite. The story is so touching and the characters are all really well-written and relatable.

I haven't caught up on Attack on Titan yet but I really love it! It's so intense and I love the direction it's going!

Then Ouran I watched with my brother, and we both loved it. It's really funny and also really sweet, like Fruits Basket. Also I'm really really similar to the main character XD

View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: Anime Topic   Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:35 pm

I haven't seen Fruits Basket yet and only watch Ouran once in a while, but I totally agree with you on Attack on Titan. I love most of all the characters and its amazing if you can get past the gory stuff XDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Anime Topic   Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:50 pm

Does anyone watch One Punch Man? Finally got around to watching it and this is amazing! Right up my alley!

My dorm has started having a sort of anime club. We're currently watching Food Wars. It's an interesting show to say the least. If you're squeamish about inappropriate things this isn't the show for you, but they manage to balance it out with humor and an actual good storyline, so I don't mind too much.

GeneralSnips

PostSubject: Re: Anime Topic   Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:40 pm

My friend's brother is constantly nagging me to watch One Punch Man, even had me watch a clip. I'm sorry but those kind of animes are just not my thing XD Now he's nagging me to watch Erased, whatever that is XD

As what I've been really watching; I'm watching Durarara!! and Hetalia. I love them both, Maybe Hetalia too much. For my birthday what I ate was to represent one or another nation I even made a themed cake:
Yeeeeeeah XD

But I love both series and trying to get though them with the little time I have now a days.

Anyone else watch/watched these??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anime Topic   Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:20 pm

Ah, I see! Is there a particular genre you watch the most?

Haha, I've heard of both of those! Nice cake! Very Happy

I saw a few more last month. I watched all of Kill la Kill, which I think is now my favorite anime of all time. I absolutely loved it! I also watched Danganronpa, which I am now obsessed with. The video games are actually a lot better than the anime, but I love the anime too. I can't wait for the new season!

GeneralSnips

PostSubject: Re: Anime Topic   Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:33 pm

Mm, I think adventure and/or historical, but I like a lot of them.

Thank you ^_^

You really watched Kill La Kill? I've heard some things about it that it's pretty...well ya know XDDD
A friend wanted to watch it because she really likes the design of the mail girl, but with the content she'll like "unless there a clean version, no thank you"
But really how is it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anime Topic   Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:25 pm

Cool! Very Happy

Yeah, I loved Kill la Kill! It's got a really great story and the animation is so cool! I really like the character designs and how fast paced it is. It might be a bit off-putting to some people at first, both because the first episode is so fast-paced and because of the nudity, but honestly I would totally recommend it.
Content-wise, yes, there is a lot of nudity, but it's not there for fan service or anything like that. There's actually a point to it. The theme of the show is embracing your body and being comfortable and proud with who you are. So yeah, characters get naked, but it always has to do with the plot, and it's not like they actually show anything anyways. The other thing I appreciate is that the show has equal opportunity nudity -- both men and women are shown nude, as well as people with different body types, something that I think is important.
There aren't any explicit sex scenes or anything like that, though there is an abusive relationship implied between a character and her mother. Again, this has to do with the plot and isn't just for fan service.

It really is a wonderful show. It's very well-paced and the story progresses in interesting directions. The characters are all engaging (and hilarious). I would definitely recommend watching at least the first few episodes.

GeneralSnips

PostSubject: Re: Anime Topic   Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:13 pm

Ah, I see now Smile

I finished Hetalia (sadly...) and now I'm trying to re-watch Romeo X Juliet and trying to get interested in FullMetal Alchemist. From what I know oh Edward I really like him but I can't seem to get into the show XDD I also want to watch some of the sports animes this summer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anime Topic   Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:32 am

Oh I've been meaning to watch Fullmetal Alchemist.

My brother is trying to get me into Gurren Lagann, so that will probably be my next show.

My Danganronpa obsession has intensified XD

Oh and I finally got around to watching Sailor Moon (once again, at my brother's insistence). It's really fun (and the music is really awesome).

shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Anime Topic   Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:13 pm

You NEED to watch it it's so good and amazing and i love it! Gurren Lagann is pretty good, too! Like, it's kind of generically mecha at times but it's still fun (i'm only half way through rn)

Have y'all seen Evangelion? It's one of my absolute favorites!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anime Topic   Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:44 pm

I will probably watch it over the summer! I'm gonna get a Hulu subscription so I can catch up on my anime XD

I haven't, but I've heard good things about it!

Last night my dorm started Death Parade, which already is absolutely amazing. I'm looking forward to continuing it, though unfortunately it's only 12 episodes. Why must my favorite anime all be only 12 episodes?!

Other than that I am eagerly awaiting the new season of Danganronpa. I'm so thrilled the characters from the second game are going to be in it. My obsession with this franchise has grown to probably unhealthy levels XD

GeneralSnips

PostSubject: Re: Anime Topic   Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:33 pm

So I watched Kill La Kill... I really enjoyed it and hate that people stereotype it the way they do. Yes it as some things in it that you want to buzz though, but its full of important messages like being comfortable in your on skin and that being popular with a lot of money is not all that its cracked up to be. I love Ryuko, Nonon, and Satsuki. I'm actually planing a casual Satsuki cosplay Wink
Thank you for explaining it, DSK, I probably would have never have seen if it wasn't for what you said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anime Topic   Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:21 pm

Ok so I just now saw this post (for some reason it didn't show up for me before) and I'm so glad you gave it a chance and liked it!! Very Happy That is so awesome and actually makes me feel really good Smile Yeah, I loved the messages! And the end just left me with a warm, fuzzy feeling. The characters really felt like a family.

Satsuki is so cool!! Did you do the cosplay? If so how did it turn out? Very Happy That would be so much fun to cosplay! I've contemplated doing a Ryuko one before.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime Topic   

Back to top Go down

Anime Topic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1