Share | 

Star Wars Episode VIII

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Star Wars Episode VIII   Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:49 pm

So, fun fact. Right now, there are 500 days until Episode 8 comes out. I know, I know. It feels like forever. But trust me, it's closer than you think.

So, now feels like a good time to open up an Episode 8 topic. This is the place where we can start theorizing about what the movie's going to be like, where we post news-posts about the movie as they come out, and share our thoughts on the movie once it's released.

So, I already posted a "Who is Rey?" topic earlier, so if you have theories on that, post them in that topic. But what are some other early theories you have about the next movie? I know it's kind of hard to come up with a theory this early since we don't know hardly anything about the next movie (aside from what's in TFA). We don't even know how much in-universe time will pass between TFA and Episode 8. But, if anyone has any theories, this is the place to share.

I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)

Last edited by allishmalli on Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VIII   Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:55 pm

Ooh, good topic!

I'm just hoping they go in a way different direction with this one.

I'm not really sure what I'd like to see beyond that, though. Or even what I think we'll see.

It would be interesting if Rey turned to the dark side. I already feel like Kylo should stay evil, so maybe instead of saving him from the dark side Rey's journey should be fighting her own temptations to the dark side.

View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VIII   Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:42 pm

Some people are wondering since Kylo Ren left his helmet on Starkiller base when it exploded and Rey cut his lightsaber in half (along with giving him a facial scar), if he's going to have a new helmet that looks more like Vader's helmet or something and if Snoke is going to give him Vader's old lightsaber or something.

What do y'all think about that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
It would be interesting if Rey turned to the dark side.

Interesting? Yes. Definitely. No question.

Do I actually want to see Rey turn? Uh... *laughs/chuckles softly* no.

It's actually kinda amazing how quickly I've become attached to this character already... just after only one movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
I already feel like Kylo should stay evil, so maybe instead of saving him from the dark side Rey's journey should be fighting her own temptations to the dark side.

EDIT (a few seconds later): Actually, I think both DSK's suggestion and mine are legitimate points.

So... the OT (or RotJ) was basically Luke trying (and succeeding) to save Vader (along with trying to resist temptation from the dark side, but that struggle is arguably not as stressed as Luke trying to save Vader). The PT was basically Anakin trying (and failing) to resist the dark side.

So, it would make sense for Rey to do both as kind of a combining of the two struggles.

But, it does make sense that Rey wouldn't want to save Kylo Ben (unless she was related to him or something) and her struggle would be trying (and hopefully succeeding) to resist the dark side.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VIII   Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:00 pm

It's official. 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' release delayed to Dec. 15th, 2017.

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-viii-to-open-december-15-2017

To be honest, I'm actually really glad it got delayed.

I'm serious. From a Box Office perspective, I was actually really worried that Disney was going to cannibalize itself by releasing both 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' and Episode 8 in the same month.

Also, I was kinda worried that trying to make another SW movie in a year and a few months was just crazy and would result in a low-quality movie.

Plus, I'm perfectly fine with having Marvel movies in May, Pixar movies in June, Disney Animation movies in November, and Star Wars in December. It's nicely spaced out.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VIII   Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:05 pm

I agree! Everyone is flipping out, but I think this is smart.

Also apparently they're rewriting parts of the script based on fan reaction to the characters! I think that's cool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VIII   Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:46 pm

Ooh, it would be neat if he had a new helmet! I'm really curious about the Knights of Ren in general. I hope we get to see more of them in the next movie.

And I totally agree, I'm glad the release date was moved. Not only does that space it out from the Marvel releases, it also means that the writers are taking fan opinion into consideration, which I like.

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VIII   Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:01 pm

Woah, I literally just found a theory about Snoke that's worth sharing, I haven't even gone through the whole theory, and I want to share it. But.... maybe I should finish first... *finishes video*

Okay, so the theory turned into a bit of a letdown, but it's still worth sharing...

I thought that the theory of Snoke being the youngling from RotS was a great one... until the part where it talks about Vader training this youngling. As much as that part is somewhat crucial to the theory being true (and the fact that the EU has had plenty of secret apprentices for Vader), I really don't like the idea that Vader had a secret apprentice during the time of the movies all along... it feels... I don't know...

What do y'all think?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VIII   Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:15 pm

Wow! That's a really interesting theory, and I love that it ties in the prequels. I could kinda see it, but at the same time I feel like Snoke being some random padawan from another film would be a bit of a stretch. Then Vader training him is just too much.

Also I've been hearing a lot of rumors lately that Hayden Christensen will be in Episode VIII. I haven't fact checked this but I'd say it's highly possible, especially since they were going to have him in Episode VII. I hope it's true!

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VIII   Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:40 pm

Hmm... I haven't really heard too many Hayden rumors as of late, mainly back in September of last year.

You know, I think I'm just gonna quote myself again, since my thoughts are pretty much the same (quote from "The Force Awakens" topic).

allishmalli wrote:
Apparently, there is a rumor going around the internet (it's actually a trending topic on Facebook now) that's saying that Hayden Christensen is going to be in future SW movies like Episode VIII and Rogue One, probably as a force ghost.

Like I said in the Basic TCW Talk topic, "I know Hayden Christensen gets a lot of criticism for his portrayal of Anakin (I'm willing to defend some of it, but not all of it); but I've heard people (at least people who don't like his performance) argue that it wasn't his acting, just bad direction and bad writing. Even an Oscar-winning actor will look bad with bad direction and bad writing. Even though I haven't seen much of his other films, I have seen one other movie he was in (Shattered Glass... really good movie btw) and, in my opinion, he was pretty good in it (though I'm not the best judge at acting skills)."

So honestly, I think if the story works well with force-ghost Anakin in it and Hayden gets some good direction and writing to go with it, I don't think it's a bad idea. Maybe public opinion of him and his portrayal of Anakin will boost if it all works out well.

What do y'all think?

Last edited by allishmalli on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VIII   Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:14 pm

Here lies the greatest Star Wars picture to come out since TFA...

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2016/04/mark-hamill-tweets-picture-of-himself.html?spref=pi

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VIII   Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:35 pm

That is so adorable! Very Happy

Mark and Daisy are just great! The whole cast is great, really, and it's so much fun to see them living out everyone's dream of being in Star Wars.

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VIII   Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:49 pm

I just saw today that Rian Johnson (the director of Episode 8 ) confirmed that "'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Picks Up Where 'The Force Awakens' Left Off": http://moviepilot.com/posts/4003474

Basically, from what I can tell, Episode 8 will not have a time-jump from when TFA left off, unlike every other SW movie. What I haven't found out yet is if there will even be an opening crawl. I've had this question in my mind since the rumor was first circling around the internet months ago, mostly due to the phrasing people keep using.

"... confirmed that Episode VIII will pick up immediately where The Force Awakens left off." "This is going to start right where the last one left off. It was a break from tradition." Does this mean (since it's a break from tradition) that there won't be an opening crawl? I'd like some clarification, please!

While I think starting where TFA left off instead of jumping six months later or something is a good idea... a good break from tradition (since TFA left on a cliff-hanger), not even having the opening crawl is a step too far.

What do y'all think?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VIII   Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:02 pm

Hmm, I can't imagine that they wouldn't have an opening crawl. But then again I guess they wouldn't really need one.

I don't know how to feel about that. I really feel like it's an essential part of Star Wars, and I'm sure the execs at Disney/Lucasfilm agree. I feel like we'll end up with an opening crawl of some sort, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VIII   Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:05 am

I'm assuming the title will be released soon since this movie comes out this year (and now that Rogue One has been released they'll be wanting to build up the hype for this one), but for now let's play a game of prediction! What do you guys think the title will be? Keep in mind that the title of the second in a star wars trilogy always has four words (The Empire Strikes Back, Attack of the Clones). I think the title will somehow have the words "First Order" in it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VIII   Today at 5:43 am

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episode VIII
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1