HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Classic TV Shows (cartoons, live-action, etc.)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Classic TV Shows (cartoons, live-action, etc.)   Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:23 pm

Hey! I decided to bring back this topic as part of my topic-resurrection-rampage because... I just feel like it (plus, who doesn't love Classic TV Shows?)!

allishmalli wrote:
I think that we show have a topic on our favorite old shows. Old cartoons (e.i. Jonny Quest, Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, The Jetsons, The Flintstones, etc.), westerns (e.i. Bonanza, Gun-smoke, Little House on the Prairie, etc.), sit-coms (e.i. I Dream of Genie, Bewitched, I Love Lucy, etc.), Disney Channel shows (House of Mouse, That's so Raven, Lizzie McGuire, Kim Possible, etc.), and any other old show that you want to talk about. Instead of wishing that these old shows would come back, why don't we just talk about how great they were. It's worth a try! So... start talking.

So, I decided to also include any show that's been cancelled for at least a year (so we might have more to reminisce about).

I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Classic TV Shows (cartoons, live-action, etc.)   Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:21 pm

I loved this topic! I'm really glad you brought it back!

My favorite classic shows are definitely Scooby-Doo and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the 80s version and the 2003 version -- which I guess counts as classic now because it is over a decade old -- how is that possible?! Surprised ) I was also obsessed with Ben 10 as a kid, and I also always enjoyed Arthur and The Magic School Bus.

There are a lot of classic shows I didn't start watching until I was in high school, but I love them now! The Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Animaniacs, Teen Titans, Invader Zim, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and Dexter's Laboratory come to mind.

Then recently my brother and I have gotten into classic anime. He got me hooked on Sailor Moon and even got me to watch some episodes of Pokemon, and I have also gotten really into Cowboy Bebop. He's been watching Neon Genesis: Evangelion and I plan on watching that one as well.

There aren't too many older live-action shows that I watched. Friends is the main one, and I also loved Pushing Daisies when it was out (anyone remember that show?)

View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Classic TV Shows (cartoons, live-action, etc.)   Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:46 am

When I was little I watched a ton of both Magic School Bus and Arthur. I loved the Powerpuff Girls, too!

Last year my dad got me watching Emergency! which is like, a 70s medical drama that he used to love. It's actually not too bad.

I've definitely heard of Pushing Daisies, but I never did get around to watching that (or friends, though it was on a lot in my house when I was really little)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic TV Shows (cartoons, live-action, etc.)   

Back to top Go down

Classic TV Shows (cartoons, live-action, etc.)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1