Share | 

Favorite TV Shows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:27 pm

SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala wrote:
DuchessSatineKenobi wrote:
Epic list Siri! Smile

I also love the show Fruits Basket! Has anyone seen it? A little language, but other than that it's AMAZING! It's made me cry numerous times, and laugh even more XD

Thank you!
No I haven't seen that show but my sister May Kenobi66(who is really into anime) really likes it. She started watching it a few days ago(and she's reading the manga). I might just have to watch it; I love anime. Smile

Cool! Smile It's a really good show, and the books are fantastic too! Very Happy

View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Epic list Siri! Smile

I also love the show Fruits Basket! Has anyone seen it? A little language, but other than that it's AMAZING! It's made me cry numerous times, and laugh even more XD

Thank you!
No I haven't seen that show but my sister May Kenobi66(who is really into anime) really likes it. She started watching it a few days ago(and she's reading the manga). I might just have to watch it; I love anime. Smile

Cool! Smile It's a really good show, and the books are fantastic too! Very Happy

Great! Very Happy I'll have to start watching it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:53 pm

So all my favorite TV shows are really old like from the 50's and 60's!

The I Love Lucy Show---- FUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYY!
The Dick Van Dyke Show----- FUUNNYY AND SO CUTE!!!!
The Lucy Show---- EPIC!!!!
and the old Lone Ranger---- AWESSOMMENESS!

And of course the Clone Wars. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:03 pm

aww i love I love lucky

I love older tv shows (like 90's) lol

Full house used to be my fave i still have all seasons on dvd and Loved boy meets world and Rocket power, and All that and umm lets see Sclub7 okay i am done now hehe i know i totally just showed my age there hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:02 pm

Aay'liah wrote:
Siri- YAY more people to add to the Whoniverse! (And yes, I just thought of that word, thank you very much ;D)
And I also like Once Upon A Time! I forgot that one!!!!

Very Happy So far it's a really cool show. I'm halfway through the season with the ninth doctor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:47 pm

jedigirl1990 wrote:
aww i love I love lucky

I love older tv shows (like 90's) lol

Full house used to be my fave i still have all seasons on dvd and Loved boy meets world and Rocket power, and All that and umm lets see Sclub7 okay i am done now hehe i know i totally just showed my age there hehe

LOL! YOU LOVE LUCY TOO! That's so awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aay'liah

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:56 pm

Aay'liah wrote:
Siri- YAY more people to add to the Whoniverse! (And yes, I just thought of that word, thank you very much ;D)
And I also like Once Upon A Time! I forgot that one!!!!

Very Happy So far it's a really cool show. I'm halfway through the season with the ninth doctor.

I like the Ninth Doctor. And Rose. Rose is my favorite companion, but the tenth Doctor is my favorite.... Very Happy And I also like Martha, though you don't know who that is. I could go on for a long time about it, but I'll spare you. Wink Lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Hey, I was thinking. Some of the shows y'all have listed have never been heard of by other members. For instance, what is "Dr. Who"? Is it like a medical show or something?
I think that we should give a short explanation for each of the shows that we have listed on here so people know what it is. Does anyone agree?

I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Good idea allishmalli!!! I know I've been curious about some of the shows other people have listed! Smile

Dr. Who is a sci-fi show, btw Wink You can read about it in the "Dr. Who -- Where Do I Start?" thread. Wink

Fruits Basket is an anime based on a manga book series. Here's the description from Wikipedia:

The series tells the story of Tohru Honda, an orphan girl who, after meeting Yuki, Kyo, and Shigure Sohma, learns that thirteen members of the Sohma family are possessed by the animals of the Chinese zodiac and are cursed to turn into their animal forms when they are weak or when they are hugged by a member of the opposite gender.

It's a really great show!!! It has a little language, but is still a really good story! I'd also definitely recommend the books, as the show only covers part of the book series.

View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:34 pm

ooh thats a good idea um

Parenthood- follows an extended family one of them is a single mom living at the parents house and has two teengagers, the other family has a teenage girl and an autistic boy, the other family has a little girl and the other son is a kind of free spirit he has a son with a girl and they were together for a bit and then broke up but still love each other.

mike and molly- a show about a guy and girl both a bit overweight (which is acutally part of the show thats why i mention it hehe) shes a school teacher hes a police officer and its basically about them being together and dealing with each others families

Modern family-this show is just as the name says its a sitcom that follows a modern family like parenthood (but parenthood is more drama based and is a regular show this is a sitcome and comedy) it follows and extended family the father is married to a younger girl from cuba and her son, the daughter is married to a guy and they have two teenage daughers and one son and the son is gay with his partner and they have a girl from china (adopted)

The Middle-is a bout a middle class family they have one teenage son, one teenage daughter and one younger son its a sitcom comedy

Jessie (not huge fan but its pretty cool)- a disney channel show about a girl who is a nanny for a guy and they have like 5 kids i don't watch it much though

the older shows

rocket power- was a show used to be on nick it was a cartoon that took place in hawaii and it followed like 4 teens who were skaters and surfers and friends

boy meets world-Boy Meets World is an American sitcom comedy-drama television series that chronicles the events and everyday life lessons of Cory Matthews (played by Ben Savage), a Philadelphian who grows up from a young boy to a married man (from wikapedia)

I love lucky- an old black and white sitcom about a couple and their friends

full house- sitcom that followed a single father and his 3 daughters along with thier unlce and the fathers friend who moved in to help raise them

all that- was a live comedy sketch show
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:37 pm

What a good idea, Allishmalli!

All of these TV shows are really pretty old but they are still awesome!

The I Love Lucy Show- It's a hilarious comedy about a young couple and they're landlord and land lady.

The Dick Van Dyke Show- It's about a guy and his family, lots of different stuff happen. It's a comedy too.

The Lucy Show-A comedy. (Hey, I love comedies! Sue me!)

The Lone Ranger- It's about A Texas Ranger who wears a mask and nobody knows who he really is, he rides around stopping bad guys.

Mattlock- its about a defense lawyer who solves mystery's to prove his clients innocent.

Murder She Wrote- A mystery author is always solving murders that happen around her.

The Andy Griffith Show- It's about a small town policeman and his town. Sorta a comedy too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:11 pm

ooh I haven't seen the andy Griffith show in like forever i love that show Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarahthegeek

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Good idea!

Doctor Who: British sci-fi show about a 900 year old alien who travels through all of space and time in a spaceship shaped like a police box. And he generally travels with a companion from twentieth/twenty-first century Britain.

Fringe: sci-fi show about an FBI team investigating "fringe events," aka really weird sciencey stuff. And there's alternates universes.

Community: HILARIOUS sitcom about a dysfunctional group of students at a community college who band together into a study group, and the show is just about them and the ridiculous things that happen to them at their college.

The X-Files: sci-fi show from the 1990s about a team of FBI agents (Mulder and Scully) who investigate X-files, aka strange cases involving the paranormal or aliens. And they also have to deal with corrupt government officials who very much want to keep the existence of aliens a secret.

Star Trek: depends on the specific show, but basically is about a group of people in the 24th century on a starship exploring the galaxy and going Where No One Has Gone Before (except for DS9 where they were on a space station) (or Voyager, where they were lost and trying to get home).

Game of Thrones: Basically, a bunch of people being morally gray in a medieval setting, and all the political maneuvering and intrigue that comes with it. Also, everyone dies or has horrible things happen to them.

Smash: The drama that goes on behind the scenes as a group of people try and create a new Broadway musical about Marilyn Monroe.

And...I think that's all the shows I've got right now. If I think of more, I'll add them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://firstbestdestiny.blogspot.com/
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:21 pm

Good idea, I'll do it too.

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The show is about a world where the people can bend the elements(water, earth, fire, and air). There is one person who can bend all the elements and they are called the Avatar and it is their job to keep the world in balance. But a thousand years before the story starts, the Avatar vanished and the Fire nation began it's conquest of the other nations. It's an anime/cartoon and is very well done.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - The show is about a high school girl who moves to Sunnydale(the site of the Hellmouth) to protect the town's residences from the vampires and the demons that inhabit the place(she's the Vampire Slayer which is a girl with special abilities). In the different episodes she must protect the town, her friends, take out new evils, grow as a person, and learn how to live as both the slayer and as a normal girl(so far I've seen the first four seasons)
It's very well done and I very much enjoy it. Though there is some inappropriate content in it just so you know. (Just though I'd tell you, the band that played the opening sequence music was called "Nerf Herder" Very Happy)

North and South - This is actually a miniseries that came out awhile back. The story is about two best friends who meet at Westpoint before the Civil War and end up finding themselves on opposite sides of the conflict. I absolutely loved this show and learned a lot about the Civil War. There is some inappropriate content in this as well.

Kyle XY - The central character is a teenage boy who awakens naked in a forest outside Seattle, Washington, with no more knowledge or abilities than a newborn and no belly-button. He is taken in by a family and given the name Kyle. The series follows Kyle as he tries to solve the puzzles of who he is and why he has no memory before that day. My cousin got my sister and I into this show and I enjoyed it a lot. There is a little inappropriate content but it's fairly mild.

Angel - (the show is a spin off of Buffy) The show details the ongoing trials of Angel, a vampire whose human soul was restored to him by gypsies as a punishment for the murder of one of their own. After more than a century of murder and the torture of innocents, Angel's restored soul torments him with guilt and remorse. During the first four seasons of the show, he works as a private detective in a fictionalized version of Los Angeles, California, where he and a variety of associates work to "help the helpless" and to restore the faith and save the souls of those who have lost their way. This show is very well done and I'd recommend it(though there is a little inappropriate content but so far it hasn't been that bad; I've finished the first season)

Once Upon a Time - The story is set in the small town of Storybrooke, Maine. The town is populated by characters from fairy tales, who have been exiled to the real world due to a curse cast by the Evil Queen (Lana Parrilla) as part of a revenge plot against Snow White, and Prince Charming. Because of the curse, most of the inhabitants of Storybrooke have no memory of their true identities and have been stuck timelessly in Storybrooke for years.

Glee - Is about a high school show choir(glee club) and how they prepare for making it to(and winning) at Nationals in New York. It also deals with the different characters problems and relationships and how they come together. Warning, there is a lot of inappropriate stuff in this show but it's a very good show nonetheless.

The Amazing Race - This is the only reality show I watch. In it, contestants race around the world for one million dollars.

Modern Family - Is basically about a family and the happenings of their lives(jedigirl gave a description of it earlier, I believe)

Little House on the Prairie - This show is loosely based off the book series by the same name. It details the life of Laura Ingalls and her family while they live in the small town of Plum Creek during the 1800s

Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:38 am

I used to watch Little House on the Prairie!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aay'liah

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Doctor Who is a show I could totally obsess about, and yeah you can read about it in the "Doctor Who: Where do I start?" place so that I don't obsess about it... LOL... anyway,....

A-Team- a group of Vietnam veterans wrongly accused of a crime escape and spend their time helping out people.

Murder, She Wrote- J.B. Fletcher, bestselling mystery writer, finds herself entangled in the solving of crimes and, well, mysteries.

NCIS- It's about the Naval Criminal Investigation Service investigating crimes related to the navy. Gibbs is really awesome. Very Happy

NCIS-LA- Kind of the same idea, just different characters and a different setting.

Burn Notice-Ooh. Hmm. Um, this guy, Michael Weston, got burned, which means he used to be a spy, but someone betrayed him and basically lost everything. So he's trying to figure out who burned him and in the meantime is kind of a free agent so he can earn money.

Roswell- A show my dad used to watch, though we only really watched it for a little while. It's about a group of aliens who go to a high school and have a bunch of mysterious powers. When a high school girl gets shot by a crazy customer in the diner she works in, one of the aliens heals her, and she starts to help them try to figure out where they belong.

American Pickers- some guys going around and buying pawn-type items... lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:55 pm

yay siri another fan of modern family and amazing race Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm only going to do a couple since my list is really long.

Castle- It's about what happens when a crime writer teams up with a homicide detective. Here's the overview from Wiki:
Castle follows Richard Castle, a famous mystery novelist who has killed off his main character in his book series and has writer's block. He is brought in by the NYPD for questioning regarding a copy-cat murder based on one of his novels. He is intrigued by this new window into crime and murder, and uses his connections to charm his way into shadowing the captivating Detective Kate Beckett. Castle decides to use Beckett as the model for the main character of his next book series starring "Nikki Heat". Beckett, an avid reader of Castle's books, initially disapproves of having Castle shadow her on her cases, but later warms up and recognizes Castle as a useful resource in her team's investigations.

The Mentalist- I'll just give you the overview:
The Mentalist follows Patrick Jane, an independent consultant for a fictionalized version of the California Bureau of Investigation (CBI) based in Sacramento, California. Although not an officer of the law of any sort, he uses skills from his former career as a successful psychic medium (which was a ruse, as he does not believe anyone actually has psychic abilities) to help a team of CBI agents solve various crimes, with the hope of one day bringing Red John, the murderer of his wife, Angela, and daughter, Charlotte, to justice.

Jonny Quest- Cartoon that revolves around a boy named Jonny Quest who accompanies his father on extraordinary adventures

Ned's Declassified: School Survival Guide- show about how to survive school

Drake and Josh- show about two step-brothers

Bonanza -Old western about the Cartwright family

Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:27 am

Oooh, Castle sounds cool, Allishmalli! I LOVE mysterys. Haha, yeah especially when the detectives are ladies. It's just more fun that way to me. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:48 am

Kayla225 wrote:
I used to watch Little House on the Prairie!

That's cool! I used to watch it too(especially while I was having the books read to me XD).
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:13 am

Haha, yeah, me and my mom read the books too.The books and TV series are kinda different but they are still the same thing. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:29 am

Kayla225 wrote:
Haha, yeah, me and my mom read the books too.The books and TV series are kinda different but they are still the same thing. XD

Agreed. My mom, sister, and I really enjoyed sharing that series together Smile
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:30 am

jedigirl1990 wrote:
yay siri another fan of modern family and amazing race Smile

Awesome! They are good shows, aren't they? Smile
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:45 pm

Kayla225 wrote:
Oooh, Castle sounds cool, Allishmalli! I LOVE mysterys. Haha, yeah especially when the detectives are ladies. It's just more fun that way to me. Wink

If you want to watch it, a new episode premieres Monday at 10/9 ct. on ABC. However, it is in the middle of its forth season, so you might want to get caught up first (even though this next episode should be really easy to just jump right in to).

EDIT: Hold the phone! I just found a quick and easy way to catch up to the third season (I can catch you up to season 4 myself) Watch this (if you want to).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsoTbEGCx6Q

Btw, Castle does have some "adult content", so check with your parents first.

Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Okay, thanks. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   

Back to top Go down