Movie Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:38 pm

wow siri thats quite a list and most of those are movies i haven't seen but have really wanted to see. But how to train your dragon i agree was awsome and i loved Jurassic park and of course Harry Potter

great list Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:42 pm

Thank you! Very Happy Very Happy Hope you get to see the movies that you want to see sometime Smile. I agree, those movies are all really good! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Darth Tromeros

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:42 pm

Kayla225 wrote:
Darth Tromeros wrote:
HOW COULD I FORGET SINGING IN THE RAIN?

I LOVE THAT MOVIE.

LOL! So do I!! "GOOOOTTTAAAA DAAAANCE!!!!"

It's one of the movies that makes me want to make movies!!!!!

IT'S COMING TO THEATERS FOR ONE DAY ON JULY 12TH.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://anthonyperkined.tumblr.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:03 pm

I just re-watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the 2007 animated movie) and I loved it!!!!!! It's been years since I last saw it, and it was even better than I remembered!!!!!!! The animation was beautiful, it really suited the turtles! And the music too! And of course the acting was perfect!!! Chris Evans was so awesome as Casey XD And JAT was the perfect Leo!!!!!!!! And OMW when Leo and Raph were fighting on the roof!!!! Ahhh that scene was, like, the greatest Ninja Turtles scene ever! Or at least one of them Wink It was so intense and the camera angles were brilliant!!!!!

I definitely enjoyed this movie, I've already re-watched it twice since last night! XD (One was with the commentary, though). I loved how it captured the brotherly relationship between the turtles.

The only thing it was missing was Shredder, but Karai is pretty awesome too. And they dropped several hints at Shredder returning Twisted Evil

View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:55 pm

You taunt me.... LOL! IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!! AHHHHH! *continues yelling*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
luxsoka13

Location : Camping out on Endor with the Jedi, Ninja, and Hogwarts Gang!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:48 am

I also LOOOOOOVE the Avengers and Harry Potter! Plus all the movies that tie into The Avengers (Iron Man, Captin America, ect). Plus, I haven't seen all of it, but so far I'm LOVING School Of Rock
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:36 am

I love What a Girl Wants, Tangled Smile , How to Train Your Dragon, Mulan, The Lion King, Pirates of the Caribbean, Anastasia, The Three Musketeers, The Hunger Games, and 17 Again to name a few of my top favorites.
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:02 pm

I still wanna see PotC! XD And Tangled is one of my more favorite Disneys. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:16 pm

Ooooh Kayla you and Jamie would LOVE POTC. Very Happy They're fantastic. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:45 pm

What movies has everyone seen this summer?

I've seen Iron Man 3, which so far is definitely my favorite!!!!!! It was so good and amazing and perfect and FULL OF FEELS! (And the end credit scene was SO WONDERFUL!)

I saw the Great Gatsby, which was pretty good, better than I thought it would be. It was also very sad, and had a good message.

I've seen Epic, which was, in fact, epic! Very Happy The animation was SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! And OMW Ronin <33333 He was amazing! And there was a relationship in it that was so painful because it reminded me of Obitine and ahhh it gave me so many feels!

Then I saw After Earth, which was definitely my least favorite so far. It was pretty boring for the first half. The second half was better, but it just wasn't a very impressive movie.

I saw Now You See Me, which is another one of my favorites from the summer!!! Mark Ruffalo was so awesome in it and so was the rest of the cast!!! It was so exciting and had some great twists that you would never see coming! The best thing about it, though, was that it was totally original!

Then I saw Man of Steel, which was all right. It was a nice take on the Superman story and the acting was very good, but it felt too drawn out at times and it just wasn't as interesting as it could have been.

Then I saw Monsters University, which I LOVED!!!!! I was slightly nervous when I learned Pixar would be making another sequel, but I was not disappointed, and was actually surprised at how good it was! It was so amazing and fun and made me totally happy to watch!!!

Next up on my list is Despicable Me 2, which was ok but I really didn't care for that much. I felt like the sequel "played it safe" and just had an average, predictable plot that appeals more to kids than everyone instead of taking risks and blowing peoples' minds like it should have.

I also saw The Lone Ranger, which was a very pleasant surprise! I wasn't expecting much after reading the reviews, but it was actually really good! Fun is the best word to describe this movie! Totally fun and I had a fun time watching it!

Next up is Pacific Rim, which is another movie that took me by surprise. I originally hadn't planned on seeing it but after reading all the good reviews I decided to give it a try, and it was good! The action scenes were amazing! The main character didn't interest me that much but it had a great group of supporting characters! I liked the overall feel of the movie. I had expected it to be your typical monsters/end of the world/apocalypse movie, but it actually had a very fresh feel to it.

Then I saw Turbo, which was totally and completely adorable!!! The plot was slightly cliche, which was ok with me, because the overall idea was still unique. The characters were all great!!!! It was also hilarious!!! My mom and I were rolling in our seats laughing at some parts!

The most recent movie I've seen is The Wolverine, which was pretty good. It wasn't as good as a lot of the other X-Men movies, and could have been better, but it was still very entertaining, and, as always, Hugh Jackman was really great as Wolverine. The girl with red hair was also really kick-butt and awesome. I didn't like the other girl, though.
Spoiler:

Still, as much as I love Wolverine (seriously, if I ever have a child I'm going to name them Logan after him), I miss the whole team setting from X-Men. This movie got me SUPER hyped up for Days of Future Past!!!!!

So, those are my movie reviews for all the summer movies I've seen so far! Who else has seen any of these? What were y'all's thoughts? Are there any good movies that I didn't see?

Last edited by DuchessSatineKenobi on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:27 am

I haven't seen that many movies in theaters this year(most movies I want to see in theaters are coming out later on). But I did see Iron Man 3 and it was amazing!!!!! Very Happy:D:D:DI wanted to see Star Trek: Into Darkness but I missed it :(

I'm looking forward to - The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, Thor: The Dark World, Catching Fire, Ender's Game, and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters. There are several movies that came out this year I want to see on DVD Very Happy. (And thanks for letting me know about "Now You See Me", DSK, I'm interested in it Smile).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:08 pm

I haven't seen a lot of movies in theaters lately. I saw Despicable Me 2 a couple weeks ago, but before that the last movie I went to see was Avengers on Labor day weekend last year. XD

I though Despicable Me 2 was very funny and cute, I really enjoyed it. Smile

~Rachel/Cerasi Skywalker
Princess of the One True King, Friendly Neighborhood TLF Mod, Queen of Wolves, Allyran Elf, Owl Citizen, Dakota's biggest fan, Narnian, Jedi Knight,  Anakin's younger sister, Graphic Designer, Artist, Photographer, Dreamer. <3

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rachel365photo.blogspot.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:22 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed Iron Man 3 Siri! Smile It was so good! Same here, I also wanted to see Star Trek but missed it. I'm looking forward to all of those movies too!!! Very Happy You're welcome!

Awesome Rachel! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Smile

Has anyone heard of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty? It's one of my favorite short stories, and they're making a movie of it that will come out around Christmas. I'm so excited for the movie!

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:41 pm

Here are the movies I saw this summer:

The Great Gatsby - I liked this movie. It was a good adaptation of the book. To me, the Jay-Z was unnecessary. I got mixed reviews from people in my English class, so it isn't for everyone. I wouldn't buy the DVD, but I would record it on my DVR if it was on TV.

Iron Man 3 - I really liked this movie. I did see this twice. I'm still trying to decide whether it was better than the first movie or just on par with the first. I'd definitely buy this on DVD.

Man of Steel - I really liked this movie too. I also saw this twice. One problem was that it seemed to have too much action. Don't get me wrong, I like action, but this seemed to be a movie on steroids. Regardless of that, I'd definitely buy the DVD.

Monsters University - I loved this movie! I too was also worried about another Pixar prequel, even though I did like "Cars 2". But I was wrong! Like "Iron Man 3", I'm still debating whether it was better than the first or just on par with the first. I'd like to see it again before it goes out of theaters and I'd definitely buy the DVD!!!

The Lone Ranger - I really liked this movie too! I also saw this twice. I know it was a bit long, but it was a good movie. I feel so bad that it's not doing well at the box office. Well, I'm definitely going to buy the DVD!

Despicable Me 2 - I liked this movie. It was funny and cute. Sure, the plot was predictable, but what do you expect from a kids movie? It does make me mad that this movie pretty much destroyed "The Lone Ranger" on the box office, but it is a good movie. I wouldn't buy the DVD, but I'd borrow the DVD from a friend.

R.I.P.D. - Okay, I know if you ask anyone else, they'll probably say that it was a bad rip-off of "Men in Black". Well, it is. I still liked the movie and I laughed a lot during it. I'd record it on my DVR if it's on TV.

I wanted to see "Now You See Me", "Star Trek: Into Darkness", and "Epic"; but I never got to. I kinda wanted to see "Turbo" up until I saw a review saying that it was a complete rip-off of "Cars" and "Ratatouille". I also wanted to see "The Heat", but my mom said that it dropped the f-bomb and the s-bomb (Am I allowed to say that?) like nobody's business.

Movies that I want to see later this year are:
Thor 2
Ender's Game
Saving Mr. Banks
We're the Millers (If only it didn't have R-rated content. It looks like a good story)
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Planes (maybe...)
Percy Jackson (kind of... not really. I really just want to see Nathan Fillion)
Gravity (That looks intense!)
Paranoia (Again, if only it didn't have R-rated content. It looks like a good story)
Frozen (possibly... I'd have to find out more about it)

I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Great reviews!!! I enjoyed hearing your thoughts on all the movies! Very Happy

Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:08 am

I saw this great movie the other day called Alice, and it was based off Alice in Wonderland, but more modern. It was really good! Some parts of it kind of dragged on, though. I guess it aired on the sci-fi channel as a miniseries, so it was pretty long. But still good!!! I really liked all the actors. I especially loved Hatter! He was really cute. XD

This is the first Alice in Wonderland movie I've ever seen, so I really enjoyed the story too! It made me interested in the other movies now Very Happy

Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:13 pm

I finally got to see Psycho, and it was really good! Smile I loved the music, and it was perfectly creepy and suspenseful! Very Happy

Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:50 am

I'm glad you found a good Alice in Wonderland movie!!! Very Happy

I saw that last night!!!!!!!! D: OH MY GOSH!!!! XD I think every time something startles me anymore, like my mom appearing in the hall or someone coming up behind me, all I'm going to hear in my head are those awful psycho violins XD The movie was really creepy! But I still had fun watching it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:20 pm

Thanks!

I'm glad you liked it too!!! Very Happy

geek4God

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:51 pm

I just watched the Alice In Wonderland with Johnny Depp in it and I really liked it. That was the first Alice In Wonderland thing I've ever seen as well.

I also just watched the Sandlot which is forever one of my favorite movies<3<3<3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://princessfaithm.blogspot.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:37 am

I saw the one with Johnny Depp in it as well, and I agree, it's a very good movie! Very Happy

I saw "Ender's Game" in theaters on Sunday and it was SO GOOD!! Very Happy I really enjoyed all the performances(except for Hailee Steinfield's), especially Asa's and Mr. Ford's.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:45 pm

I haven't seen the Johnny Depp one yet, but I would definitely like to!

I saw Ender's Game too!!! I agree, the performances were great, especially Asa's and Harrison Ford's. The only thing I wish they had changed is that I wish they had included more of the battle room, but I understand that they were pressed for time and couldn't include everything.

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:02 am

I really enjoyed Ender's Game. I'm actually writing a review about it for my school newspaper. I thought that it was a really good movie by itself and as an adaptation. I thought that the changes they made were necessary to keep the story going without getting distracted (although I do wish that they would have included more battle scenes). I give it a four out of five.

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:33 pm

That's cool that you're writing a review of it Allishmalli! I see what you're saying.

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:31 pm

Here is my rough draft of my review of Ender's Game:

Ender’s Game Review
By: Allishmalli, Editorial Editor

What’s the number one movie/book adaptation that everyone has been talking for the past week or two? No, it’s not Thor: The Dark World (that’s not a book); no, it’s not The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (that hasn’t even come out yet); no, it’s not The Book Thief (very close guess). The movie I’m talking about is Ender’s Game, based off of the book of the same name.
   Ender’s Game (the book) is a military science fiction novel written by Orson Scott Card. It was published in 1985 and is the first book in the Ender’s Game series (which includes 12 novels, 12 short stories, and 47 comic issues) to be published. Since then, it has become one of the most popular science fiction books in the past three decades. Some CHS students, like myself, have read the book for Sophomore English.
    Ender’s Game is set in a future where Earth has been attacked by insect-like aliens; the Earth has a world government; couples can only have two children without being penalized; and elite children have been recruited as soldiers for their agility, adaptability, creativity, and vulnerability.
   In short, the story follows genius kid Andrew “Ender” Wiggin and his journey (both physical and emotional) in becoming a Commander in Battle School in order to prepare to fight off the aliens the next time they strike.
   As a movie by itself, I thought it was really good. It is definitely a more “intellectual” and thought-provoking movie than most big-action blockbusters. The movie leads to thought provoking questions about moral and ethical issues like child soldiers, manipulation, criminal acts committed in wartime, etc. However, it did have cool action scenes such as the battle-room scenes in the zero-gravity chamber and the simulator battles near the end. Unlike Gravity, these scenes made me want to be in space.
    As an adaptation, it’s pretty good too. The movie isn’t all that different from the book. It’s just more “condensed” than the book (which is appropriate in this case for a film that’s about two hours long) and most of the changes that were made were to accommodate the fact that it’s condensed. I tried to not compare the movie too much to the book and kept an open mind. However, having read the book, I did feel like sometimes it was a bit rushed and I did notice the changes.
   Some changes include Ender’s brother and sister’s sub-plot being completely cut out, the time-line being shortened, the kids being “aged up” quite a bit, not having as many battle room scenes (a personal downer for me, but understandable), and ending the movie a bit differently.
   The movie does do a good job of portraying Ender. Yes, they toned his ruthlessness down to make him more likeable, but they still get his character right. In my opinion, Asa Butterfield did a fantastic job as Ender. However, since they focus the movie on Ender so much, we don’t get to explore certain characters in as much depth as we did in the book (sometimes hardly at all). Personally, I’m okay with that since the movie is about Ender and not about the other characters (besides Graff).
   Overall, I thought the movie was really good, both as a stand-alone movie itself and as an adaptation. Sure, it is not a perfect adaptation; there are discrepancies between the movie and the book, as most adaptations are. Personally, I felt that those changes were necessary. But overall, the main story doesn’t change and it still captured the look, feel, and major themes of the book. As a movie by itself, I thought it was very good too; a good balance of action and morality.

I give Ender’s Game 4 out of 5 paws. (Our school mascot has paws)

There's my review! What do you think?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread   

Back to top Go down

Movie Discussion Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next