Share | 

The Scars Within

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: The Scars Within   Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:18 pm

My latest one-shot. Ahsoka seems to have changed a bit from the end of Season 3 to the premier of Season 4, and I wanted to kind of explain why. Enjoy!

Anakin was worried about his Padawan.

That wasn't uncommon, he had spent half the war worrying about her safety, but she was still recovering from her experience with the Trandoshans on Wasskah. Ahsoka had only returned the previous day, and he hadn't seen much of her since. She seemed reluctant to talk about her experience and based on what Anakin knew of Trandoshans, he didn't blame her.

However, she still seemed to be avoiding him. And he wanted to find out why.

Anakin entered his Padawan's quarters and did a double-take. Ahsoka was sitting cross-legged on the floor, meditating. “Okay, who are you and what have you done with my Padawan?”

Ahsoka opened her eyes. “I thought you'd be glad I'm putting an effort into catching up on my studies.”

Anakin shook his head. “Out with it. What's going on?”

Ahsoka shrugged. “Nothing. I was just thinking.”

Anakin grinned. “Good. I'd be worried if you weren't.” Inwardly, he was frowning. There was a sadness in his Padawan's eyes that hadn't been there before. What had happened to her on Wasskah?

Ahsoka didn't even smile. “No offence Master, but could you go away? I'm kind of tired.”

Now Anakin was really worried. Ahsoka was never tired. After a battle, she was still raring to go, pestering him about the number of droids he had destroyed in that particular fight.

Ahsoka reached up to gingerly touch her lekku, which he saw were bruised, and his concern shot up.

“What happened to you, Snips?”

Ahsoka sighed. “The Trandoshans threw me around quite a bit. It caused some damage to my head.”

“Why didn't the healers inform me of this? I talked to them yesterday and they didn't mention this. Why didn't they put you in a healing trance?”

“I told them I wanted to tell you myself,” Ahsoka admitted. “And I was going to, when I was a bit more... healed. I can't actually... hear you as well as I used to. It's supposed to be temporary. I wanted to practice the healing trance myself.” She added in a low voice, “I should have learned it earlier. It would have been a useful skill on Wasskah.”

Anakin exhaled. A head injury. There was no way a Padawan could heal that by herself. “What do you mean, 'temporary'?”

“I mean, it will go away eventually,” Ahsoka said, standing up. “Worrying isn't going to help, neither will wishing the hunters could have died in the sarlacc, whatever that is.”

“Stop reading my thoughts,” Anakin said, irritated. That was what what he had been thinking. Death by the sarlacc pit was the most painful death he could have arranged for the Trandoshans, and it would have been no less then they deserved. Pity they're dead already.

“I'm not going to let you blame yourself for this too!”

“I'm not blaming myself,” Anakin said quickly, trying to stop an incoming argument. “I... just wish I could have been there to help you.”

“Don't you get it?” Ahsoka looked exasperated. “You did help me! I never would have survived if you hadn't taught me that hand-to-hand combat, or extreme stubbornness. Anakin glared at her. “Hey, it's true,” she protested. “I fought the Trandoshan leader in hand-to-hand combat and won. Two years ago, I would have died on my first day there.”

Anakin had to admit that she had a point. But before he could open his mouth to argue that she had required the help of two bounty hunters and several full-grown Wookiees to escape, there was a knock on the door.

“Come in,” Ahsoka said, her voice taking on a suddenly cheerful tone. The door slid open and Anakin recognized O-Mer and Jinx, the Younglings that had been stranded on Wasskah with Ahsoka.

“Hello, Master Skywalker... are we interrupting something?” O-Mer asked, looking from Anakin to Ahsoka uncomfortably.

“No,” Ahsoka answered. “You two are looking much better,” she added.

“It's amazing what some bacta can do for you, right, Snips?” Anakin looked at her pointedly, but she just shrugged.

“We're going to be made Padawans,” Jinx said to Ahsoka. “We may not get to see you for a while, so we wanted to say goodbye.”

Ahsoka smiled. “That's great! I have to admit, I'm a little surprised that they'll allow you to advance to Padawan so soon, though.”

Anakin watched the exchange with shock. His Padawan had never had many friends; she had lost contact with most of the other Younglings after she became a Padawan. It surprised him to see Ahsoka acting so... causal toward her fellow Padawans. Yes, Wasskah had changed her. Somewhat for worse, but perhaps good had come out of the experience after all.

He started for the door. “I'll be back in a while. And Ahsoka, you will go the the healers again when I get back.”

Anakin could hear his Padawan's groan even through the closed door and smiled. She would be fine.

What do you girls think? This will probably go on Fanfiction.net.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: The Scars Within   Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:33 pm

Ohhh, I love it! Sort of the same thing I'm going for with Experiance Outranks Everything, only I'm making myself write a full length fanfic about it Razz VERY good! Def. going on my faves if you do put it on ff.n!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: The Scars Within   Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:36 pm

I reviewed this on FF.net. Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: The Scars Within   Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:40 pm

Thank you, JC! Your reveiw literally made my day. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: The Scars Within   Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:41 pm

Aw!! I'm glad! Smile Your reviews always do that for me! Very Happy (BTW, I'm going to be posting a new chapter of my story VERY soon. i'm editing like, RIGHT NOW. XDD) Wink I'm glad to have made your day! *hugs*

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
Aay'liah

PostSubject: Re: The Scars Within   Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:47 pm

Awesome job!!!! I LOVED this!!! I was kind of wondering what happened in between seasons 3 and 4.

YAY FALLON...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: The Scars Within   Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Thank you, Aay'liah!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: The Scars Within   Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:30 pm

That is so cool! you should totally post it on ff.net!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: The Scars Within   Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Thanks! I posted it on fanfiction.net a few days ago. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: The Scars Within   Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:50 pm

This is AWESOME! SmileSmileSmileSmile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: The Scars Within   Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:41 pm

Thanks!! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obi-Wan's Padawan

Location : In The Room of a Thousand Fountains....writing to my heart's content. :)

PostSubject: Re: The Scars Within   Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:16 pm

Super cool fic, SWA!!! Very Happy You stayed very true to Ani and Ahsoka's characters...Great job!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: The Scars Within   Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:46 pm

Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter Celchu27

PostSubject: Re: The Scars Within   Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:04 am

Woah, this is great SWA. Nice job!