HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Future Plans!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
StarLee

PostSubject: Future Plans!   Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:29 am

So, what are your plans, hopes, dreams, and desires? Family? College? Travel? Career? Tell all about it here!
What do you want to do with your life? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lauralee1.blogspot.com/
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:44 pm

Good topic!!! Very Happy

I don't know yet where I want to go to college. I want to study film Very Happy Director, screenwriter, and director of photography Very Happy In my spare time I also want to be an author and a photographer.

I want to live in Florida. A small two bedroom house near a city, but not in the city. If I can afford it, I also want a winter home in the Appalacians, because I must have snow Very Happy

I do not want kids. No kids for me. If I find a good guy who is a Christian, likes Star Wars, respects me, and can clean house, then I might get married, but I'm not gong to spend all my spare time looking for a guy to marry. I'll wait for God to bring him to me Smile And, maybe, just maybe then I might be a foster parent.

View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:48 pm

I want to go to SCAD, become a fashion designer and writer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:35 pm

Hmm... I'm going to become a lawyer, def., and write fiction in my spare time when I'm not being an artist and computer programmer. XD
I'm hoping I'll find a nice guy in college to get married to, then have a couple of kids. And I'm totally staying here in California Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:02 pm

I would love to go to an awesome big college somewhere and get a double major in computer science and english, so I can have a good living and maybe accomplish my dream of being a published author or an editor in a publishing house.

Then I'd like to have a big family, like five kids.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
JediKnightGirl
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:07 pm

I am unsure about college, but it would probably be a Christian school of the arts. Then I'd live in New York City, aspiring as an artist/photographer who's an author in her spare time. Wink I want to find true love in God's perfect guy for me, and have a couple kids. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://adreamersgalaxy.blogspot.com/
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:06 am

I want to be an author, stay in Canada, possibly meet the guy of my dreams, but I don't want kids. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jedidreamer

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:32 am

I'm really not sure about going to college. I don't know if thats really God's plan for me. I'm still not sure though. I really do want to be an author or if I do go to college I want to be a librarian. One thing I know, I'll want is to have a large family. I pray often about finding the right man to marry. loveyoda Even though I'm very uncertain about my future I know God will allways be with me and show me where he wants me to go and do. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StarLee

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:37 pm

I want to go to college and get a doctorate degree (not sure I'll actually go that high though =p)
I want to teach kids (maybe a Sunday School class) and be a professor, and produce a television show about culture and history,and be a writer and a graphic designer. And I want to be, or what I do, to be popular/famous in some way, so that I can reach a lot of people and make the world a better place.
I want to get married, but I know it's going to be hard... And I don't think I'll be able to resist either fostering, or adopting or something like that. And I also think I HAVE to have kids of my own, I mean, I can't miss that right? And I want to live very close to my family, preferably in the southeast USA.

Ha that was too long sorry! Especially since I'll probably change my mind later =p

This is so interesting reading about what all you guys want to do! Oh, and by the way, I might as well give my opinion about college. I think you should ALL go to college no matter what you want to do with your life! I mean, for one it's a good experience and everyone should have as much education as possible! And for two if you HAVE to get a job at some point you don't want to get stuck at a McDonald's deep-fryer!
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:43 pm

I do plan on going to college. But I haven't really given that much thought. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StarLee

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:48 pm

Yeah, I actually don't know where I'm going or what degree I'm getting... I just know I'm going!
Back to top Go down
Winter Celchu27

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:18 pm

Well, I REEEEEEEALLY wanna be a writer. First my novels become books, THEN THEY BECOME MOVIES THAT EVERYONE WILL LOVE!!!! XDDDD If I can't be a writer, then I really want to make computer games and live in New York City with my three cats. <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:32 pm

I want to go to college....and study to be a writer. A degree as a writer/editor, and then I can start out my career as an author. While I work on getting that off the ground, I'd like to live in Central Florida and work at Walt Disney World. Wink
I'll wait for the man God chooses for me, and then if it is in God's will, we'll have a large family. <3 Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:56 pm

To tell ya the truth Im thinking about being a farmer! I know it sounds lame but farming is a dying thing. I farm therfore you eat! Besides its in my blood. My parents and I figured out if I got a degree I would have to move away from my family and into a really big city and lets just say I would lose my sanity! Got to follow my blood line! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fangirlonthefarm.blogspot.com/
Padme's Japor Snippet
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:37 pm

I want to make it big as an actress, write novels in a relaxed manner, and maybe even try some singing. Smile Oh, and sew and wear magnificant costumes; period correst and movie ones especially. I'd like to get better at drawing, and keep myself in shape. And someday I'd like to fall irestistably in love with a toned, tanned, blue-eyes, shaggy blond haired surfer boy. And get to meet some famous people, like maybe Douglas Greshem and some of my favorite actors/actresses: Keira Knightly, Natalie Portman, maybe Elijah Wood. Oh, and I'd like to someday faaar away have at least one child. Boy or girl? I dunno. Smile So I feel at the moment about it all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pjswritingobsessed.blogspot.com/
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:19 pm

Awsome Topic its really neat to see everyone's future plans, dreams, goals

As for me right now i am studying early childhood education, I hope to be a teacher (kindergarten or first grade) at either my old elementary school or a catholic school. I am hoping to keep working at Disney as long as i possibly can (even if i have to go to seasonal) I definitly want to stay in Florida ( lived here all my life can't imagine living anywhare else, plus my family is down here and we are really tight knit).

Definitly want to keep teaching in the church (religious ed) i have been doing it for so long i honestly can't see me not doing it, and its important for me to remain active in my church.

I am hoping to meet a guy who is catholic (or christian) who loves starwars and accepts my dreams and goals. I want at least 2 kids most likely more and possibly adopting.

and though i have very little expreince with writing books i would love to write a childrens/ young adult book and have it published yep thats my goals and plans for the future
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolffe's Chick
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:35 pm

I want to become a famous photographer!! My dream is to travel to China and photograph wild pandas there. I currently have no desire to get married or have kids. Just a simple, satisfying life is all I want!

When it comes to college, I don't have a choice. My parents say that I have to go, and pay my own way through it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.plcohmy.com
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:19 pm

I wanted to take this opportunity to offer this advice to y'all Very Happy.

I come from a high flying family. My family has experienced a lot of different fields, from teaching to the Air Force and Navy, engineering, traveling, and even starting and running a successful business. I want to pass on some advice that will help you achieve your dreams and have a great life even when the economy is difficult and times are tough.

A lot of people think that just playing by "the rules", getting a college degree(any degree) and going to any career will help you get to a good place. In truth, the good grades, SAT scores, mean almost nothing. You can't succeed just by working hard, studying hard, and getting good grades. <- This is a common misconception.

You have to be really smart which degree you get, what you study, and how you spend your time. You need to be informed and navigate the many areas of life. At this stage in your life, there are a ton of different suggestions and advice coming at you, but the bottom line is to be as careful and as well informed as you can be.

For starters, you need to pick a good college degree. So many people pick unmarketable(aka pretty useless) degrees and end up stuck with student loans and no jobs available. Those are the guys that end up working at McDonalds and living in their parents basements.

The marketable degrees are: Engineering, health, and technical fields. Liberal arts degrees are good for teachers, but many teachers need to go for masters or doctorates.

If these degrees aren't what you want to do(cause honestly), the best thing to do is double major. It's not that hard to do(both my parents are double majors) You can major in something boring and practical, like Computer Engineering, and major in something awesome, like music or journalism or something. It's not that much more work and you'll end up with food, shelter, and money, which are all good things.

Also, remember that your major does not decide your career. You can always change majors or just get a different job. My mom majored in Economics and Chemical Engineering and has never worked in either. My dad majored in Electrical Engineering and Optics and works as a computer software designer.

Things like writing and photography are great hobbies but might not make the best careers. Almost all famous authors went through a stage where they were starving in an attic shack. And I don't really want to go through that. XD. Computer jobs, boring as they may seem, are good because you work comfortably, work 8 hours a day, get good health benefits and vacation, and best of all, MONEY! 8D. When you have the money from doing that, you can fund whatever you want to do as a hobby, including writing and photography. You also have plenty of time for it too. Also, computer stuff isn't stodgy and boring as it is stereotyped as. Hey, you're on the computer now, reading this, right? It's creative work, and you get to hang out with awesome computer nerds like us.

The second tip is to start now. Your future starts now. You don't have to wait to go to college to start your dream. In fact, you shouldn't. So write that novel. Do great in school. Learn things. Take pictures. Get a job or volunteer. Work on being a kind, loving, patient, wise person NOW so you can be a patient, wise wife and mother LATER.

And don't wait for opportunities to come your way. You need to look for opportunities actively. Go look at your local newspaper to see if they need a writer. Enter contests. Submit to competitions. Don't be shy.

And above all, remember who you are. You're God's girl and he loves you and he knows the plans he has for you. You can do anything through Christ. Even though there are days where you feel like you'll never amount to anything. And pray for those opportunities, pray that God's plans will be revealed to you and you will have the courage to follow them.

(whew)

Love <333333333
Amaranthine

Last edited by Amaranthine on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolffe's Chick
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:29 pm

I believe that if you do what you love and trust God, you'll be just fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.plcohmy.com
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:17 pm

I know, this is practical advice from my personal experience, but there are many ways of course. I think you in particular are going places, since you're confident and determined enough to get all those interviews and win those photography contests...I always thought that if one of us becomes famous, it'll be you, really XD. Ask JC.

I could picture you as like a news reporter, or a famous blogger. I don't know about photography...it seems sort of lonely for you, but I guess it's what you like. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:41 pm

I plan to major in arts, like Fashion Design, Art and Animation. Writing comes first, though. I'm leaning to code, but I don't see myself being a Computer Engineer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:44 pm

OMG I just read Amaranthine's post over and you called writing a hobby! It's my LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I have other plans too, so I won't be starving, that you very much Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:58 pm

Pink, calm down!!!! It's just an opinion! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:13 pm

I'm doing code as well, Pink!! I'm actually able to write smaller programs. Working on ifelses now Very Happy I HATE SYNTAX ERRORS, THEY ARE THE HARDEST TO FIX!! I'm programming mainly in Python right now... how about you?
Please tell me you understand what I just said... please? NO-ONE UNDERSTANDS WHAT I'M SAYING WHEN I TALK IN CODE... Literally. Code. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:15 pm

Um, I'm just learning the basics... Not making anything yet Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future Plans!   

Back to top Go down

Future Plans!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top