View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: The Next Goal   Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:29 pm

My first attempt at present-tense writing. Smile

He can't believe she's come this far.

It could be that the war has made the time fly by faster, but he could have sworn that it was only a few weeks ago that Ahsoka Tano had been made his Padawan. She had been stubborn, sarcastic, enthusiastic and reckless and he had been on the edge of refusing to train her.

But she was too much like him for her own good, so he had resolved to take her just to keep an eye on her, as he ended up joking with her.

Of course, it was her that needed to keep an eye on him.

He stands with the rest of the Council as Ahsoka enters the room. He ignites his lightsaber, as is traditional for this ceremony and watches Ahsoka kneel before Yoda. He feels an unexpected rush of pride and remembers his own Knighting ceremony.

Keep your mind on the here and now, he reminds himself and returns his focus to Ahsoka.

There is a humming sound, a flash of green, then a faint chink as the chain of silka beads that have served as Ahsoka's Padawan braid for the past seven years falls to the floor.

There is silence. The only sound in the room is the humming of lightsabers.

Ahsoka stands, and although her face is blank, Anakin knows she is fighting to keep the smile off her face.

They are now equals- or close to it. Anakin was granted Mastery after the death of Lord Sidious.

Either way, he will not have to lecture her on attachments or assign her meditation anymore. That had been a nice threat, but he had felt like a hypocrite while doing so.

The Council dismisses his Pa- former- Padawan. Ahsoka bows, straightens, then leaves the Council Chambers. The meeting is soon over.

Quickly, Anakin leaves. He immediately knows where Ahsoka has gone. He descends four levels, takes three turns and finds himself outside the Map Room.

Ahsoka is the only other person in the Temple who finds amusement in sending holographic planets and systems spinning around the room. Obi-Wan thinks she spends too much time around her Master. Anakin thinks he's jealous because he never manged to keep track of more than seven planets at a time.

Ahsoka stands in the middle of the room, fiddling with some controls. She lifts a finger and a second later, Anakin sees the holographic planet Shili begin spinning around. He walks over to her as Coruscant goes flying past his head.

“I doubt you can keep track of nineteen planets and voices,” he says lightly.

Ahsoka merely smiles. A second later, a ghostly image of Tatooine joins the others. A voice lecturing something about the hutt clans joins it a second later.

“If I get all nineteen, I get to babysit Luke and Leia next week,” she says.

Anakin smiles. “You can do that anyway, but alright.”

As yet another planet joins the others, Ahsoka reaches behind her, as if to feel for the chain of beads that are no longer there. She shakes her head slightly and concentrates on finding another planet.

“I have to admit, if I were you, I would be out of the Temple, exploring my new freedom as a Knight,” Anakin jokes. But as he had been Knighted in the Clone Wars, he had not had time for that.

Ahsoka shrugs as Ryloth flies past them. “I needed time to think and unlike you, a secret expedition to see a Senator is not on my agenda.”

Anakin shakes his head in mock exasperation. “Are you ever going to let that go?”

“No,” comes her cheerful answer. Then she frowns, and the next planet she sends spinning is sent off with more force than needed. “What did you do after you were Knighted?”

The planet Naboo flies around Ahsoka. Anakin considers her question. “Well... I went on missions, fought a war, got a reckless Padawan-” he stops at Ahsoka's glare. Somehow, the Togruta is more intimidating now than she was seven years ago.

“Yeah, but...” he can tell she is struggling to find words. “Did you have a goal?”

Now he understands. Ahsoka has always needed a focus. He knows that is one of the things that helped her survive the Clone Wars. She had reached her goal of becoming a Jedi Knight. What next?

“My main goal was to end the war and become a Master,” he tells her honestly. “Now, it's to protect my family. Those kind of things are always changing, Snips.”

She nods slowly as the moon of Wasskah joins the mix. “I've been wondering,” she says hesitantly. “I know you're training Luke and Leia at home now, but when it's time for them to become Padawans... would you let me be Leia's Master? I understand if you'd rather let someone more experienced handle that but...” She trails off as Anakin raises a hand.

He is relieved that she's asked first. “I was actually going to ask you anyway. Thank you for saving me the trouble. I'll be training Luke and I don't think Obi-Wan would survive training another Skywalker. Besides, Leia is already attached to you.”

Ahsoka smiles. “Thank you, Master.”

“You can call me Anakin now, you know.” He has never really liked the title 'Master', something that links him to his childhood of slavery.

She smirks. “Whatever you say, Skyguy. And by the way-” she sends the last planet into the air. Anakin realizes it is Christophsis. “When can I babysit the twins?”

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pinksaber13

PostSubject: Re: The Next Goal   Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:33 pm

Nice! Keep up the good work Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

PostSubject: Re: The Next Goal   Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:36 pm

awww!! that was one of the sweetest fanfics ive ever read! *sniffsniff* just so... sweet! very touching!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: The Next Goal   Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:48 am

Awwww, I love it!!!!!! So sweet!!!! Smile I love the detail you threw in about Christophsis being the last planet Wink

View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: The Next Goal   Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:24 am

Thanks, girls! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aay'liah

PostSubject: Re: The Next Goal   Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:02 pm

That was adorable!!! Awww!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter Celchu27

PostSubject: Re: The Next Goal   Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:53 am

Cute story SWA!! love it. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: The Next Goal   Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:58 pm

Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: The Next Goal   Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:37 pm

LOVE IT! You are such an amazing writer, SWA! Very Happy

~Rachel/Cerasi Skywalker
Princess of the One True King, Friendly Neighborhood TLF Mod, Queen of Wolves, Allyran Elf, Owl Citizen, Dakota's biggest fan, Narnian, Jedi Knight,  Anakin's younger sister, Graphic Designer, Artist, Photographer, Dreamer. <3

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rachel365photo.blogspot.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: The Next Goal   Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:16 pm

Thank you, Rachel! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: The Next Goal   Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:14 pm

THAT WAS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! =DDDDDDDDDDDDD I totally love it!!!!!!! 8DDDD

(p.s. I did get the notification that said you updated your other fanfic on the website; I'll read it as soon as I get a chance and review Wink )

Want to read my stuff? I'd be so happy if you did! :3 Bluesaber3's Fanfiction Profile
ThE dIivIVsIoN Of iNsANiTy! http://thedivisionofinsanity.tumblr.com/
My personal blog: http://neonpinkpotatoes.tumblr.com/
ESFJ & Friends, a MBTI blog by me! http://esfj-and-friends.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: The Next Goal   Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:18 pm

Thank you! It was hard to write in present-tense, but I think I did okay. Very Happy

Yay! I can't wait! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: The Next Goal   Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:19 pm

I loved it!!! Still haven't gotten a chance to read the new chapter yet, but you'll know when I do xD

Want to read my stuff? I'd be so happy if you did! :3 Bluesaber3's Fanfiction Profile
ThE dIivIVsIoN Of iNsANiTy! http://thedivisionofinsanity.tumblr.com/
My personal blog: http://neonpinkpotatoes.tumblr.com/
ESFJ & Friends, a MBTI blog by me! http://esfj-and-friends.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: The Next Goal   Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:17 pm

That was so cute!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cia Klivian

PostSubject: Re: The Next Goal   Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:39 pm

You, dear SWA, are the Queen of SW fanfiction in my book! Very Happy This fic was amazing, and I'm going to be smiling about it all day long!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.anautumnday.blogspot.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: The Next Goal   Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:13 pm

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Next Goal   

Back to top Go down