Doctor Who

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:34 pm

I heard that; though I'm still on Season 2 (last one I saw was the two-parter about the Satan planet), so I don't particularly care at the moment.

I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:00 pm

I haven't even seen the newest season yet, so I guess it doesn't affect me too much either XD But I do hope they pick someone really different from the last few (and I know this is a long shot but I hope Moffat writes them better too).

View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:23 pm

Question: What are your opinions on "Love and Monsters"?

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:29 pm

I thought it was ok. I didn't hate it like most people did, and I actually really liked it at the beginning. But the end just kind of depressed me, so it left me with an overall "ehh" feeling.

What did you think of it?

Also let us know what you think of the next few episodes! They're really good!

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:55 pm

Well (concurring with what you said)... I think that it wasn't bad (contrary to what one of my friends says), it was just okay. I guess in some people's eyes, "okay" means "bad" in Doctor Who since the rest of the show's episodes are fantastic (no pun intended, but I'm gonna own it anyway). My sister told me that she usually skips over this episode when re-watching the series (something she does more often than you'd think). Honestly, I can see why, but it doesn't mean I hate the episode. I just think that it's better when they focus on the Der told me that she usually skips over this episode when re-watching the series (something she does more often than you'd think). Edit (09-30-15): (What the heck happened there?!) ... I just think that it's better when they focus on the Doctor and Rose rather than someone who only interacts with them a few times. The guy wasn't bad or boring, just kinda boring compared to the Doctor and Rose and their adventures.

Last edited by allishmalli on Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:45 pm

Agreed. I like how you worded it about the show being so good that "ok" is "bad" by the standards set by the rest of the episodes.

This is part of my problem with the Matt Smith episodes. They aren't bad, for the most part, but they aren't as great as the episodes from 9 and 10, and so they come off as more of a disappointment. At least as far as seasons 5, 6, and the first half of 7 go. After that, in my opinion, things started to get just truly bad.

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:49 pm

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
Also let us know what you think of the next few episodes! They're really good!

Well, I just saw Doomsday... and I have to say... it's as heart-renching as everyone says it is...

... except (confession time) that I kinda sorta knew what was going to happen. Let me explain... a few years ago when my sister first started watching this show, we didn't think I was ever going to watch it, so she told me about the ending. Since then, I forgot how they all got to the ending, but I never really forgot the ending (I did try to forget it though).

So, when I saw the ending, I was sad and upset and mad at Russell T. Davies (surprisingly not Steven Moffat... I double-checked) for writing it, but I wasn't as sad as my sister was when she first saw it (she told me she cried whereas I didn't).

I'm also mad that there was such a turn-around with the last few seconds. I was like "What? We're now gonna have an instant rebound companion as soon as we get rid of the last one???"

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:33 am

I actually knew what was going to happen too . . . I was stupid and read wikipedia for season 2 Razz

It still made me really sad, though! My OTP Crying or Very sad

And yeah, I know what you mean, though it is kind of interesting how they do it once you get to later seasons. Let me know what you think of Martha and Donna!

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:34 am

Okay, so Donna was only okay (I found her a bit annoying in the episode I saw), but I actually do like Martha (my sister says that a lot of people don't because she essentially replaces Rose). I know that on this show, companions come and companions go, so I'm trying to get over the fact that Rose is gone and start liking whoever else is the next companion. And from what I've seen of Martha (which is right now one episode with her), I like her. She's smart and competent, she's nice and not annoying, and she seems cool. Unless she does or says something that makes me dislike her in a future episode, I don't think she's that bad of a "replacement." I just wish that the Doctor could have both Rose and Martha as companions. That'd be cool!

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:00 pm

I love both Donna and Martha! Donna will show up later and she's a lot better when she comes back. Plus I just love her relationship with the Doctor. She's one of the few companions the writers didn't try to force a romance with.

Which I guess is what people disliked about Martha? But honestly I loved Martha. I didn't mind her crush on the Doctor that much because it is addressed in an interesting way later on.

As for the rest of your post there isn't much I can say without spoiling stuff. So I'll just say again how much I love Donna and Martha. Rose will always be my favorite but those two are really awesome too.

allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:10 am

Okay, so... update on where I am. I finished up Season 4 Sunday night (Jan. 31) before Doctor Who got taken off Netflix. So, basically that means that we (my dad, my sister and I) will have to buy the DVDs of the next 5-6 seasons in order to fully catch up on the rest (at least I did get to finish the David Tennant era).

Okay, so... I know it's a bit weird to bring up, but I don't know if I'm qualified as a Whovian or not at this point. I'm really loving, but I personally feel like I need to either completely catch up or mostly catch up on the series in order to consider myself a Whovian. Am I right for thinking this? Or am I actually a Whovian solely because I love the show and it doesn't matter how much of it I've watched?

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:25 pm

I'm really sad it got taken off Netflix. Let us know what you think of the next few seasons, though!

And I'd definitely say you're a Whovian. It doesn't matter how much you've watched; if you like the show, you're a Whovian. After all, Doctor Who has so much content anyways if you include the old show, that it would be close to impossible to watch all of the episodes.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14