HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

D6- Female Morphling one-shot- Catching Fire/Hunger Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ahsokaandtabby

PostSubject: D6- Female Morphling one-shot- Catching Fire/Hunger Games   Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:08 pm

So, on a spur of the moment, I wrote about the female tribute from D6 jumped in front of the monkey mutt to save Peeta. Please review!!

The games, they never stop haunting me. Always finding ways into my dreams, torturing me, and ruthlessly reminding me of all the violence, blood, and screams I have witnessed. And here I am again, in my very own nightmares. I know I can’t win again. I only won the first time by sheer luck. District 6’s people aren’t athletic. We spend most of our time working with machines in a factory. No physical work, just tampering with the nuts and bolts on a train. We are not strong in mind or body. That’s why when District 6 actually has a victor, they end up so quickly on drugs. Morphling has more power over us than we do. It takes away all the dreams and haunting memories of the Games we’ve had to mentor for. Besides the drug, there is no relief. Rumor here tells of a religion so old, so ancient, that no one knows when it began. It tells of a father, letting his son die, so that the world will not be doomed. So that all people wouldn’t be banned to an everlasting chocolate. I can’t understand how much courage it took for the son and the father. The son, who willingly let himself die. The father, who let his only child sacrifice himself, seeing as it would help mankind. I know what it feels like to have your child die. My girl was reaped at age 12. She haunts me her last words echoing through my broken soul. I was so helpless at the time.
Flashback:
I sit in the mentor room, watching my little girl run into the marshes for cover. She huddles in the fetal position overnight. In the morning, hunger drives her out of the safety of the tall grasses and forces her to find food. She manages to find an apple tree, but that’s when I hear the snapping of a dry twig. Run! Tara, run! I scream helplessly at the screen. She just keeps picking apples. The Career from 1 finds her and I bury my face in my hands. Her piercing screams find a way into my soul, and plant themselves there, festering and eating at my heart. And then the boy from 4 bursts into the clearing. The D1 tribute growls his name, which I hear as Finnick Odair. He quickly takes out the tribute with a spear and kneels down next to my daughter. “Are you okay? Would you like anything?” he asks. She shakes her head, then nods and asks for brownies, a treat we’ve only heard of. He looks up towards the sky and asks for them. A little silver parachute quickly finds its way towards my dying only child. She takes one bite, and her eyes light up. She puts her hand over her heart, rolls her wrist around and sticks her open palm towards the screen. It’s an old D6 gesture of love.
“I’ll miss you Mama. See you in the colorful heaven.” With that, her cannon booms and something passes over her face. I can’t quite figure out what it is, but I think she found her heaven.
End flashback.
And that’s when I know what to do. So I jump in front of the monkey, and spread my arms out, protecting the boy from 12. It’s teeth sink into my chest, and for a moment I see my daughter in the sky reaching towards me. I did the right thing. I’m carried onto the beach, and I lay there while the 12 boy holds my hand. He speaks softly to me, telling me of all the colors in the sky. I do the only thing I can think of. What I would have done for Tara, had I been with her. I subtly move my hand in the D6 gesture, then paint a flower, Tara’s favorite thing, on his face. I offer up a silent prayer, asking for the safety of all these tributes. Perhaps this time we’ll will. We’ll beat the games. He thanks me for the image on his face, and I close my eyes, knowing what’s in my heaven. Colors will be everywhere, flowers will spread across it, and my daughter will be waiting for me with her smiling face and innocent eyes. Nothing can ever touch us again. Not there, never again. I take my final breath in this life, and finally embrace my daughter again. Color is all around us and I can smell a rich, chocolate scent in the air. Brownies. No more drugs, pain, sorrow, or games. Just me and Tara. She picks a dandelion and holds it up to me. “Hope never fails Mama. Always hope.” she says. I smile and hold her tightly. “Always hope, Tara. Always.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aay'liah

PostSubject: Re: D6- Female Morphling one-shot- Catching Fire/Hunger Games   Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Oh, it's so sad!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahsokaandtabby

PostSubject: Re: D6- Female Morphling one-shot- Catching Fire/Hunger Games   Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Ikr? I was just in the mood to write a sad little one-shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahsokaandtabby

PostSubject: Re: D6- Female Morphling one-shot- Catching Fire/Hunger Games   Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:15 am

When she dies from her husbands pov. And what he does... Ahem. Kinda sad!

It's just like when our child died. But Leana doesn't scream. No. She just falls silent and watches the sky with glazed over eyes. She does the D6 gesture and paints a flower on D12's face. Boom. Her cannon fires. That's when I break down. So I do the only thing I can. I run. I run away from my now empty life, away from this cruel country, away from the terrible memories, away from pain, away from drugs, and away from the world. I just run and run. I'm old, but I just keep on running. And when I reach the fence, I can't stop. So I turn back and run to the house. I open my drawer and take out the morphling. I jab the needle in my arm. One dose. Two doses. Three doses. Most I've ever done before is one needle. How much does it take? Four doses. And rest finally comes. Not sleep, not slumber, not a high on these drugs. No, true peace. The world around me fades, and I know no one here cares if I die. The odds weren't in our favor. They never are.  The world blacks out and suddenly I'm in a colorful meadow with Leana and Tara. No pain here, just love and life in death. I can be here with my family. Always.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D6- Female Morphling one-shot- Catching Fire/Hunger Games   

Back to top Go down

D6- Female Morphling one-shot- Catching Fire/Hunger Games
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1