HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:01 pm

It sounds like everyone is reading some really cool stuff! Very Happy

Shaak Ti, I've read Jekyll and Hyde, and it's very good! Very Happy

View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
geek4God

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:26 pm

I've been reading through the New Jedi Order series too! But I had to post pone reading due to the fact that my library didnt carry Dark Journey. The book I was on. But today I found it at the thrift store!!!!! Best day ever:) I've read it before in Jr High but I needed to read it again. I'm very excited.

Ive been doing a lot of reading lately! Here is the list of books I recently read in the past two weeks.

Start Here-Alex & Brett Harris (AMAZING!!!!!!! I can't recommend this book and Do Hard Things enough!)
God Loves Ugly-Christa Black (I am in love with this book and also going to recommend it to everyone. Especially if you have struggled with self image/identity, an eating disorder, alcoholism, or any addictions. And even if you haven't, I would still recommend it.)
Every You, Every Me-David Levithan. (Loooooooved it. The strikethrough sentences could be considered annoying to some but I didn't mind them. Also the photography in the books were so good.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://princessfaithm.blogspot.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:29 pm

Happy Banned Books Week everyone! Banned Books Week is very important to me. I think that everyone deserves the freedom to read what they want to and banning books from public and school libraries prevents people from doing that.

Does anyone else here celebrate Banned Books Week?

Here is a great video about it!

Have any of you guys read any banned books? I have! Very Happy I've read Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, To Kill a Mockingbird, and a ton more! You can check out a list of the most frequently challenged books here: http://www.ala.org/bbooks/frequentlychallengedbooks/top10

It blows my mind the reasons some people want these books to be banned Razz It's so silly.

SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:38 am

So I've read a lot of books; I'm currently on "Paradise Lost". Here are the ones I've finished- The Staff of Serapis, The Son of Sobek, Frankenstein, Attack on Titan manga, Avatar: The Last Airbender comics, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, Ender in Exile, The Immortal Prince, and The Catcher in the Rye. And of course, since I've been in college, I've really only had time to read textbooks and a play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:02 pm

That is a lot of books!

I've been reading a lot of H.P. Lovecraft stories lately. He has become probably my favorite author. I just love the atmosphere in his works and his choice of words is always perfect!

Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:47 pm

We just finished The Plague in English class. It was kind of depressing.

Right now, though, we are reading Hamlet, which I absolutely love! Very Happy

I also joined a book club recently and our first book is Jurassic Park. I'm about halfway through and I'm really enjoying it! I love how it delves into the science side of things. It is very interesting!

Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:44 pm

I loved Jurassic Park! It was so interesting! It really delved into the science of everything, which I enjoyed.

My English class also finished Hamlet, which I liked.

Now my book club is reading Fight Club. I just started it today but I like the way it is written.

I've been trying to read Dune lately but I haven't found time with all of the book club books I need to read.

What books have you guys been reading lately?

shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:13 pm

I've heard Fight Club is good!

I just read "Billy Budd" for english... I didn't really like it xD

This year my new years resolution was to read 52 books. I don't think that's going to happen, since wer're in December and I've only gotten through about 22, but thats cool, it's more than i would have read if I hadn't had such a high goal! At the end of the year I'll post about my favorite stories that I read this year Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Oh wow, that's a lot of books! I'm looking forward to hearing about your favorites! Very Happy

I've hardly read anything this year Embarassed It's so hard to find the time. Though now that I am part of a book club I have had more motivation to read and have actually been finishing books XD I've also read a ton of short stories and absorbed a lot of general literature knowledge through my English and history classes and academic team, so even if I haven't been reading a lot of books, I've been learning about them, which is fun.

Last edited by Duchess Satine Kenobi on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:27 pm

It is fun to learn about books! I really love my english class because the teacher really encourages us to have discussions on what we've read Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:40 pm

My ultimate reading paradox (for enjoyment-reading):

When I want to read, I don't have time. When I have time to read, I either don't want to or I forget to.

It's a terrible cycle.

I'm a Moderator... still not quite sure what that is...
I have an INFP personality type (in case you were wondering)
Remember The Clone Wars!!! (even though Rebels is great too)
"I concur!" (my semi-official catchphrase)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allisonspears.weebly.com
GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:23 pm

At the moment I'm listening to The Name of the Blade, an amazing book that is like your reading an anime XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:09 pm

Alli: I do that all the time! Or I get 4 books going and don't finish any of them xD

GS: I've heard of that... what's it about?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:18 pm

I agree, Shaak Ti! I love having class discussions over books! Very Happy Each person always brings a unique idea about what they have read.

Story of my life, Alli!

Yeah, what's that about GS?

SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:37 am

Currently reading "The Blood of Olympus" and "Paradise Lost".
I recently finished books like "Mary Queen of Scotland"(for school) and the last book I finished was, I believe, "The Catcher in the Rye"(which I didn't like).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:07 am

It's about a girl, Mio (a Japanese girl living in England) who inherents this katana from her grandfather, but she takes it from the attic before she's really supposed to have it and all heck breaks lose with a nine tailed cat coming for the sword, but a unexpected friend comes to help her Wink . Its a mix between Hakuouki and Sailor Moon to put it plainly. But its so good though you really have to pay close mind to whats going on or your all screwed up, you guys should totally read it! (sorry, my summery isn't very good XD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:35 pm

Cool, Siri! How is The Blood of Olympus?

That sounds very good GS! I'll have to look for it!

SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:19 pm

Thanks DSK! Very Happy Yes, loving the book so far! Smile
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:58 pm

I finished Fight Club today and WOW. It was amazing!!! The way it was written is unlike any book I've ever read. It feels very dreamlike. The foreshadowing is also incredible. There isn't much more I can say without giving anything away, but it was a very, very good book and I would definitely recommend it!

Cia Klivian

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:52 pm

Over the past school semester I finally read the entire Harry Potter series and I LOVED it!! I started to watch the movies but I haven't finished them (I love the books WAY more than the movies to be honest). I'm officially a Potterhead Very Happy

And I'm hoping to get the Divergent series for Christmas so I can see what that fandom is all about, lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.anautumnday.blogspot.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:18 pm

Yay! Harry Potter is amazing! I agree that the books are better, though I love the movies as well.

SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:08 pm

Glad you started the Harry Potter series- love both the books and movies(though yes, the books are definitely better). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:30 pm

My English class just finished Pygmalion and now we are watching My Fair Lady. I love both the play and the movie! Smile

Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:25 pm

I just finished the Scott Pilgrim series! They were so good! My brother and I actually read them together and we really enjoyed them!

When I picked them up I expected it to be fun, but it was even better than I expected! It was a really sweet story, and it was very funny. It also made a lot of good points about dating, and being a young person in general. This is also one of the few books where I was actually really into the romance. I think even my brother was, too.

It was a totally awesome read, and I would definitely recommend it, especially to those who love comic books. Now I'm really curious to see the movie.

Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   Wed May 20, 2015 3:25 pm

I recently read The Disaster Artist, which has become one of my favorite books of all time. It's about the making of The Room, which is considered to be one of the worst movies ever. The man who directed, produced, wrote, and starred in it is one of the strangest people I've ever heard of.

The book was written by his co-star in the movie and good friend. It was such an entertaining and emotional read! My sides hurt from laughing so much.

I would highly recommend this book. It's especially interesting if you're going into film (it basically goes over how NOT to shoot a movie), but it has some very good insights about friendship as well. And it's just hilarious.

If you've never heard of The Room, here's a review of it for any who are interested. It's a really strange movie, to say the least. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsgIq7cxhJk (Be warned, The Room has some sex stuff, but the review doesn't show any nudity. The review also probably has some language in it knowing the NC.)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?   

Back to top Go down

What book are you are you currently reading/just finished?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next