Things that make your day!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Things that make your day!   Thu May 16, 2013 3:47 pm

I figured that since we have a topic for annoying things, we should also have a topic for the little(or not so little) things that make your day. Smile

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to knock the things that annoy you thread. XD

It makes my day when I see an adorable dog. Smile

~Rachel/Cerasi Skywalker
Princess of the One True King, Friendly Neighborhood TLF Mod, Queen of Wolves, Allyran Elf, Owl Citizen, Dakota's biggest fan, Narnian, Jedi Knight,  Anakin's younger sister, Graphic Designer, Artist, Photographer, Dreamer. <3

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rachel365photo.blogspot.com
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Thu May 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Well I got my phone back! And something that I was really worried about worked itself out on its own Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Thu May 16, 2013 6:22 pm

It makes my day when someone shows concern for my well being; for example, one time, a couple of years ago, I was on a mission trip with my church and in a place that was really poor. So, we were walking as a group to find a place to get clean and since I'd missed the group of kids who'd left for the showers, I went out with the adults. Instead of walking over and showing it to me, one of the leaders(all but one of the leaders were TERRIBLE! XP), she just gestured in a vague direction(there were a lot of houses) and kept on walking. One of the guys(an adult leader from one of the churches) said something like "shouldn't we make sure she gets there okay?" or something like that, but the rest of the adults kept on walking. So, the guy was nice enough to stand there and make sure I got to the right house. I didn't need it, because I can take care of myself and I doubt anything would have happened, but I did really appreciate it since someone having concern and caring about me, even if they don't know me, always makes me feel good Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Kellymarieskywalker

Location : The TARDIS, Naboo, Narnia or off saving the world with Captiain America

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Thu May 16, 2013 7:01 pm

SiriKenobi-Yes, I know what you mean! It's always great when someone goes out of their way like that to help you Smile

My day is always made when one of my friends sends me a sweet text or email saying they're thinking about me Smile It just makes me smile, and I have a more positive outlook on life when I am reminded that God has blessed me with so many wonderful people!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://confessionsofageekyfangirl.blogspot.com/
geek4God

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Fri May 17, 2013 5:50 am

This is my new favorite thread because my favorite things in life are the little things. Seriously, anything can make my day. I just love when people think outside the box or go out of their way to make someone else's day. I love doing those things. It doesn't take much effort, but more courage to just do it. I have a few:)

On my missions trip last year we went to worship and I like worshipping alone so I sat in the back by myself. But one kid (he was new. I literally met him that week and he was super shy.) he jumped over the seats and sat next to me the entire service. I basically cried.

And another time during a worship service at camp this guy put his hand on my shoulder for a moment because he thought I looked upset. I had never even spoken to that guy ever. I told him later that he made my day and he said he just felt like a hand on my shoulder might help whatever I was going through.

I also love getting sweet texts or messages:) I have a feeling I'll be posting on here a lot. haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://princessfaithm.blogspot.com
GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Fri May 17, 2013 8:43 am

Hmm. I think what makes my day is when a friend emails or texts me really early and want to talk.

Getting little things from people that I would never expect to get.

When my best friend puts her arm around me and we walk around like that talking for hours about everything and anything.

Seeing my friend really happy when something awesome happened after something bad.

When my big brother randomly pulls me into a hug and when we talk Syfy.

When something amazing happens in the middle of the day
Great idea for this thred Rachel Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Fri May 17, 2013 12:25 pm

I agree, geek4God, I love it when people do kind things like that Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Fri May 17, 2013 4:09 pm

I agree with all of those Smile

It makes my day when people can't get enough of my food XD And when I get to have parties at school and watch movies.

I also absolutely love Christian people who actually act like Christians should. Interactions with those people are the highlights of not only my day, but my entire life. It brings me such joy that there are still good people in the world who are acting like Jesus wants them to.

And of course, Owl City never fails to make me happy Smile

View user profile http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
geek4God

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Sat May 18, 2013 10:55 am

Ooooooooh good ones:) I love when my brother comforts me when I'm crying or upset, or tries to make me laugh. Or when little kids are totally in love with God! That makes me happy! And when people compliment my singing or photography. And when people just do randomly nice things for me.
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Wed May 22, 2013 7:31 pm

Aww, I love this topic so much!!! Very Happy Really good idea, Ray!! Very Happy

Things that make my day? My best friend <3 Always. *glomps DSK* Love you girl!! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

Location : A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Wed May 22, 2013 7:43 pm

Awww :') *glomps Kayla back* Same to you sister!!! Love you too!!!

Amaranthine
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Sat May 25, 2013 10:52 am

It makes my day when I see that my mom is making something awesome for dinner!

Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Mon May 27, 2013 12:58 pm

Love this topic and its really cool to see how such little things can really change someones day around and make it a bit brighter. During sww a lot of things really made my day these past few weeks from seeing old friends to making new ones getting a hug again from Ashley Eckstein and James Arnold Taylor having David Eckstein chat with us and remember us or hearing Jim Cummings sing Be Prepared but one thing I really want to highlight because it really touched me was

I was sitting on a wall at sww relaxing waiting for my sister she was over on the dark side (I don't like that area lol) and I was feeling kinda drained and weak and exhausted so I was resting against a create and closed my eyes and I was dressed in full jedi costume and it was hot so I probably looked miserable anyway a lady came up to me and put her hand on my arm and asked if I was okay or if I needed anything and even offered me her water of course i was fine but it was so sweet that a random stranger would come up just to check on someone else there aren't many people who would take the time out to show that they are concerned and it made my day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geek4God

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Tue May 28, 2013 12:16 pm

Aww! That's the best!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Fri May 31, 2013 2:52 pm

It makes my day when I get to sit in my room curled up with my Ninja Turtle blanket and a pile of books and just relax all day Smile

geek4God

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:03 am

It always makes my day when someone shares something Star Wars with me because they know I love SW. Like they'll say "I saw (insert Star Wars item here.) the other day and it made me think of you."

I love it when people say that:)
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:47 pm

That's really cool, geek4God, I love it when people do that too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:20 pm

Same here, g4g! Smile For me, people tell me that when they saw the wolves at the zoo they thought of me. It makes me feel so happy. Smile

~Rachel/Cerasi Skywalker
Princess of the One True King, Friendly Neighborhood TLF Mod, Queen of Wolves, Allyran Elf, Owl Citizen, Dakota's biggest fan, Narnian, Jedi Knight,  Anakin's younger sister, Graphic Designer, Artist, Photographer, Dreamer. <3

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rachel365photo.blogspot.com
geek4God

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:40 am

yeah! it just makes you feel so special:) I love it:)
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:12 am

Something that makes my day is whenever I do really good on a project or paper or something and the teacher shows it to the whole class Smile

It also makes me happy when I can watch movies with friends or family Smile It's been kind of a rough year for me so far because I've had more homework than ever, but every Wednesday night my friend and I have this tradition of watching Broadchurch and texting each other our thoughts while watching it Smile It makes me really happy and helps get me through the week.

jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:22 pm

geek4god I love that too I remember one time the guy my mom works for shared a bit of sw news and he was all excited for my mom to tell us because he thought he beat us into finding out news when in fact it was old news but it was funny and alot of people around church will mention sw to us since they know we are big fans. One time it cracked me up because we were at sww and saw our friends from church and that was the day we weren't "dressed up" we were in Ahsoka tunics but not full costume and they were so disappointed they were like after we told everyone at church about you and you going all out for Sww this is how you show up Razz in our fairness we didn't know they were coming and we told them if they do come another day if they let us know we would go full out lol Very Happy sorry I am very chatty lol but in short I agree I love those moments.

I agree DSk it always feels great to be recongized for hard work and its great to have something to look foward to to help you get through the week (best of luck with all that homework)

For me what really makes my day is when its tuesday and I get to teach kindergarten at my church I apsolutly love it the kids enthusasim and the challenge of coming up with more and exicting plans for them just brings something out in me and I love it after this summer missing it so bad and planning it way in advance there is no doubt in my mind I want to be a teacher I love doing it one day a week and can't wait to do it 5 days a week Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:36 pm

That's wonderful Jedigirl!!! Smile I agree, it is so much fun working with young kids! I bet you're an excellent teacher! Very Happy

jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:26 pm

Thanks DSK

Its amazing how a simple sentence can totally turn your mood around. today I had to go for 2 root canals which wasn't that bad really but with my sister's appointment before mine we were at the Dentist for nearly 4 hours so I was kinda drained. Then after dinner it was off to faith formation which I do love but I tend to plan alot and things were going well but not as planned and it seemed rush (though I doubt the kids even noticed) and I kept kinda confusing directions which bothered me but it helped a little okay alot when I gave the kiddos glow sticks (hey we were talking about God gave us light and glow sticks are fun and lighty Very Happy) and I turned off the lights so they could see them and they loved it and that made me almost as happy as they were.

Then it was time to dismiss and we have a pick up line the parents go through and pick up their kids well it was raining when we were ready to dismiss so my sister and I volunteered to go out she called names to the director and I loaded the kiddos. As one of the last kiddos was being loaded the director thanked us and the little girl who was in my class a few years ago looked up at me and said "You must really care about us" my heart melted it made it all worth it and just made my night
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:03 pm

That's sounds awesome! YOu know a lot of kids can feel like their parents/family don't really care about them so you and your sister make a big difference! HUGS TO JG <3

Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:17 pm

I'm all over that!! *HUGS JG LOTS* I miss you JG, btw. :( That's definitely true how just a little sentences and stuff can make a bad day really great. Smile

Good music always makes my day. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things that make your day!   

Back to top Go down

Things that make your day!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next